Rims Wheels Factory Silverado Colorado

unit731

The Silverado has 16" Rims.

The Colorado has 16" Rims.

Factory size for each. Factory rims for each.

Silverado has P265 75 R16

Colorado has P235 75 R16

6 hole/bolt each.

6 on 5 1/2 are both.

Through search I think I have found that the Silverado is 75mm and the Colorado is 100mm. Or in layman's terms the hole is smaller on the Silverado and larger in the Colorado.

The question is:

Will the Colorado rims fit on the Silverado?

And is anything else required because of the different center hole size?

Again, Colorado rim on the Silverado only - not the other way around.

Colorado has a 6x139.7 Offset +25mm (5.5" backspacing) and a 78.1 bore

Silverado has a 6x139.7 Offset +18mm (5.5" backspacing) and a 78 bore

It looks like they might fit actually for the 2015 colorado and a Silverado.

Edited by Stevens14

Colorado has a 6x139.7 Offset +25mm (5.5" backspacing) and a 78.1 bore

Silverado has a 6x139.7 Offset +18mm (5.5" backspacing) and a 78 bore

It looks like they might fit actually for the 2015 colorado and a Silverado.

The Colorado rims came off a 2012 4X4.

Want to know if they will fit on my 2012 Silverado. Both have same rim size/holes.

2012 is completely different from what I understand. I believe they have different bore sizes.

Yes the bore or center is different. The Colorado rims have a larger hole/bore.

So does that make any difference.

Are the rims held on by the lugs? Is there need for an adaptor for the larger bore?

16" wheel will not work on a 2005 or newer Silverado/Sierra 1500. Period. A minimum of a 17" wheel is needed to clear the brake caliper.

:

Well.... not entirely true. But true for the most part. The only 05-07c 1500 trucks a 16" will fit on is the AWD ones as they still used the 04 brake system

Yes the bore or center is different. The Colorado rims have a larger hole/bore.

So does that make any difference.

Are the rims held on by the lugs? Is there need for an adaptor for the larger bore?

The way I understand it, GM wheels are hub centric which mean if you could get an a ring to fit, it should work. Since they're hub centric, it would require a hub ring.

The way I understand it, GM wheels are hub centric which mean if you could get an a ring to fit, it should work. Since they're hub centric, it would require a hub ring.

Thank you for this information.

Where would I begin to look for a "ring" for center?

Thank you for this information.

Where would I begin to look for a "ring" for center?

Look online for Hub Centric Rings. Quick search yielded Summit, autozone, amazon and more. Gorilla brand keeps coming up. Then look for the size you need. Sounds like 100 to 78 (not for sure) Lots of online places have them. But, the issue still exists as others have pointed out that without caliper modification (not sure how much or if in best interest) 16's won't fit on the 2012.

Look online for Hub Centric Rings. Quick search yielded Summit, autozone, amazon and more. Gorilla brand keeps coming up. Then look for the size you need. Sounds like 100 to 78 (not for sure) Lots of online places have them. But, the issue still exists as others have pointed out that without caliper modification (not sure how much or if in best interest) 16's won't fit on the 2012.

To put 16's on a 2012 basically downgrade the front brakes to what was on the front of an 04. Would cost more in brake parts than a decent set of used wheels Edited by Chris

To put 16's on a 2012 basically downgrade the front brakes to what was on the front of an 04. Would cost more in brake parts than a decent set of used wheels

Thanks.

I'm attempting to put the 2012 Colorado 16's on a 2002 Silverado that came from factory with 16's..

At some point I will take to shop and check fit. As the calipers and such may be bigger on the 2002 Silverado. If that is the case, I will just sell the 2012 Colorado rims.

Obviously, there is a weight difference between the two trucks. The 2012 16's are factory GM steel rims.

Not sure if GM made different 16 inch steel rims over the years.