14 High Country vs 15 Suburban

Ok let me start off by say yes I have had some issues with my truck. Just like many on here I get the vibration at high speeds, cracking noise inside the dash, very sloppy transmission shifting ect ect.

I have been driving a rental 2015 Chevy suburban LT and man what a difference. This truck rocks compared to my truck. The ride is so smooth, The transmission is smooth like glass 6 speed. The navi is so fast works great. The auto sensing wipers it's pretty cool.

Having it let you know that a toll is coming up is great. I just like how much it has improved features then my truck.

I might be biased or something but if I can go back I would get a different truck. The 14 just has to many issues.

I also wanted to add at Idle my truck shakes the suburban doesn't shake at all at idle. I can barely tell the suburban it's even running.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added to your vibration, the GM Fullsize SUv's are coming with the shaking, buffeting, and pressure. Naturally not all have the issues, but you will be hating life if you got one that did. The 14's and 15's are different generations, not a fair comparison. An excellent running GM Fullsize SUV operates as you describe and then some. I was surprised to find out that the SUV gets better mileage than the PU's

Added to your vibration, the GM Fullsize SUv's are coming with the shaking, buffeting, and pressure. Naturally not all have the issues, but you will be hating life if you got one that did. The 14's and 15's are different generations, not a fair comparison. An excellent running GM Fullsize SUV operates as you describe and then some. I was surprised to find out that the SUV gets better mileage than the PU's

Actually he is comparing the same platform since he said a '14 High Country truck and a '15 Suburban which are both the K2xx platform. Maybe you're getting confused and was thinking a '14 and a '15 Suburban when you were typing that.

The new SUVs are nice, but the price tag isn't even for a Tahoe let alone a Cadi Escalade. You could buy a decent house for the price of an Escalade.

Does navigation on your '14 HC not tell you about tolls? It does on my '14 LTZ. Maybe a map update? Regarding the other stuff, I drove a 2014 Tahoe LT for a couple weeks when my other car got hit, and loved it. It was actually the car that made me decide to get the truck. Personally, I would have loved a Tahoe, but GM went nuts on the pricing, and you could go german for those prices. The ride on the Tahoe was much nicer due to it having independent rear suspension and magnetic ride control, but other than that, it's the same.

I would keep the High Country simply because... well, I like trucks better than the SUVs, and because I wouldn't trade an HC for anything less than a Tahoe LTZ, and those go for like $60,000. But hey, if you enjoyed it more, and could use the extra seating more than the bed, it might be a smart choice.

And some people will say the exact opposite. Their Tahoe/Burb shakes like crazy and a rental silvy doesn't. It all depends on how much u want to loose. I would keep the truck and not eat $20k by the time its all said and done... You're going the wrong way. If u don't have to work hard for your $, buy the Burb and be happy. Good luck on the straw pull this time around...

Lol, not where i live

I live in a pretty good size town, not a huge city but also not a small 1 stoplight town. In city limits you can get a 3 bed 2 bath house that's in pretty good shape for under 100K no problem. It's when you start to go to the lake is when it gets expensive.

I live in a pretty good size town, not a huge city but also not a small 1 stoplight town. In city limits you can get a 3 bed 2 bath house that's in pretty good shape for under 100K no problem. It's when you start to go to the lake is when it gets expensive.

A little off-topic but you'd expect to pay around $380,000 - $400,000 for something like that in Los Angeles, atleast in West Covina....I hate california sometimes :(

I live in a pretty good size town, not a huge city but also not a small 1 stoplight town. In city limits you can get a 3 bed 2 bath house that's in pretty good shape for under 100K no problem.

I don't even think they offer 100K houses in California. If you didn't buy a house in California when the market was down (before the 90's), then forget about it, just visit when you can. SouthernSilverado, see what you did.

How does the mileage on the 15 PU's compare with the 15 SUV's, I get about 23.5 highway at 75 mph. I was reading a thread where the sticker said around mid to high teens on a new Sierra, that can't be right?

I don't even think they offer 100K houses in California. If you didn't buy a house in California when the market was down (before the 90's), then forget about it, just visit when you can. SouthernSilverado, see what you did.

How does the mileage on the 15 PU's compare with the 15 SUV's, I get about 23.5 highway at 75 mph. I was reading a thread where the sticker said around mid to high teens on a new Sierra, that can't be right?

Won't even go into house prices here because where I live that description can literally warrant a $300k house or a $5 million one. In the same city.

Anyway, my Silverado has not seen an actual road trip yet (the Keys is a one lane highway with traffic so I didn't count mileage there), but I've gotten 20-21 on interstate rides, doing 70.

23.5 sounds really good. My BMW got that at 75, but then again it weighed 2 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't even go into house prices here because where I live that description can literally warrant a $300k house or a $5 million one. In the same city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow are you serious? Beach front property maybe? And I thought California was bad!

True about the 90's , but with the recession we had recently, people who purchased homes in 2010-2013 got some damn good prices too! Anything now is just heavily inflated...

Archived