Opt7 led lights

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure did. Twice actually. I wish I had a pic during night time ... At times I feel like it's just too low now. Only have a 2.5 RC leveling kit on

I have adjusted my offset about 4-6 times now, i think I have pretty much perfected it. It should shine just under the signs that your light starting to make it glare back at you.

It will look slightly, ONLY slightly lower than what you like it to be, but this is probably my leveling kit. with the high beam, I can see everything

I have adjusted my offset about 4-6 times now, i think I have pretty much perfected it. It should shine just under the signs that your light starting to make it glare back at you.

It will look slightly, ONLY slightly lower than what you like it to be, but this is probably my leveling kit. with the high beam, I can see everything

Yeah- may have to lower mine some more. I've also thought about putting an overlay on my lights, but have stayed away mainly because I've been unable to find pics if what a finished installation would look like, and because it would reduce the primary reason of why I switched to HIDs haha idk #hidtruckproblems

Yeah- may have to lower mine some more. I've also thought about putting an overlay on my lights, but have stayed away mainly because I've been unable to find pics if what a finished installation would look like, and because it would reduce the primary reason of why I switched to HIDs haha idk #hidtruckproblems

Lol, I love my head lights now from 35w kit to 55w. I met someone last night with the same truck, he sat in mine was like holy shit your lights are bright!

I shined these towards a cop suv once, driving into mcdonalds parking was slightly elevated, I swear I could remember seening their faces when i tippes up when i drove over the ramp. I was surprised that they didnt guve me shit lol

I'm running 55W 5k Opt7 HIDs and you can definitely see the difference. I get flashed even during the light of day by drivers on the other side. Been running them for 8 months now without issues.

Are you running a 180w or 300w light bar?

With the dust cap, or without? I put the cap on mine after installing last night and after like a 10 minute drive the entire setup was really pretty hot. I'm not sure how hot is too hot though.

With the dust cap, or without? I put the cap on mine after installing last night and after like a 10 minute drive the entire setup was really pretty hot. I'm not sure how hot is too hot though.

With the dust cap. Your headlights are going to feel hot after 10 mins regardless of what you're running. Unless there's wires melting or things warping, you might be good to go. It'll be obvious when ever it gets to the point of being "too hot".

I am also running the OPT7 led's, haven't had an issue with heat at all and I'm in AZ with it reaching 115 degrees lately.

I also recently adjusted my lights some this weekend, I did 4 turns on each light. It really helped and they almost seem brighter now since they are not pointing in the air, I'll probably do another couple of turns.

Here is a pic, crappy pic, of my low beam headlights and fog lights on.

DSC_0542_zpsl48s4g55.jpg

Long time lurker, first time posting. Been an avid Chevrolet fan for years and finally got a current gen silverado. Not an LTZ so it just has the reflector housings instead of projectors. Which housings do you guys have? Any issues with the Opt7 LED bulbs with DRL?

Long time lurker, first time posting. Been an avid Chevrolet fan for years and finally got a current gen silverado. Not an LTZ so it just has the reflector housings instead of projectors. Which housings do you guys have? Any issues with the Opt7 LED bulbs with DRL?

I also only have the reflector housing and using the OPT7 lights, no issues at all with DRL's.

Well I ordered these. Should be here thrusday. I have a feeling yhey may look a little blue for my liking but we'll see. So it's my understanding all the wiring goes under the dust cap?

I will reaffirm the quality of OPT7. Coming up on 1 year on a projector housing with no DRL issues. Use a high quality relay and don't forget the capacitor, and you should be good to go

Archived