Bracket by extra battery tray?

Anybody know what this little channel bracket is for? It's bolted on but I have no idea for what.

I was in there measuring to put a battery box on the tray for storage and noticed it. Fwiw, looks like a u1 sized box will fit perfectly and be short enough that the support bar above there won't interfere.

IMG_20150625_211643_zpsptulqndo.jpg

IMG_20150625_211700_zpsyawgxqiw.jpg

IMG_20150625_211538_zpsopgbfa1d.jpg

It is a hold down bracket for the battery. There is a slot or ridge around the bottom of the battery the clip will fit in. Just loosen the two bolts the bottom edge of the battery will slide under the clip tighten bolts back.

Anybody know what this little channel bracket is for? It's bolted on but I have no idea for what.

I was in there measuring to put a battery box on the tray for storage and noticed it. Fwiw, looks like a u1 sized box will fit perfectly and be short enough that the support bar above there won't interfere.

IMG_20150625_211643_zpsptulqndo.jpg

IMG_20150625_211700_zpsyawgxqiw.jpg

IMG_20150625_211538_zpsopgbfa1d.jpg

I like your idea of storage there please update (what box and how you secured) when you finish this please and thank you.

there's a few old threads about doing it if you want to search those up. I figured it would be a good place for jumper cables, trailer bearings, stuff like that.

I'm going to order this box:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RKCO3I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3BFK8XG0TA054

I'll let you know if this works but the size appears to measure out well. It won't be large enough to store much but a few items. Should be easy to mount it to that plate or use the same screws that mount the plate down through the box.

Archived