Who's got the Blues?

All these trucks are looking good! I got a stainless steel toolbox on my regular cab, and getting chrome nerf bars later this week. I was actually thinking about getting a black toolbox, but my TSC didn't have one in stock during black Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

$375-they took the pieces off, sandblasted them,primer,paint, and then put back on.

Did you have them paint the exact chrome surround you have on your truck in the first picture? Wondering how it will hold up, I almost would want to get a WT grille or somehow get my hands on a Sport edition and have body shop change the color. I can't see paint adhering to the fake chrome finished plastic very well and for very long even with some serious prep? Edited by Cohen

Did you have them paint the exact chrome surround you have on your truck in the first picture? Wondering how it will hold up, I almost would want to get a WT grille or somehow get my hands on a Sport edition and have body shop change the color. I can't see paint adhering to the fake chrome finished plastic very well and for very long even with some serious prep?

i was skeptical at first as well. But they painted the original surround and gave me a warranty with it. Most shops will not but I wouldn't teust anyone else painting my parts other than the guys I go to. First off they sand blasted all the chrome off and got it to the plastic the. Put 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear.
  • Like 1

240c30bd29ca335161840ac04de98be4.jpg

Here is my 14 Topaz blue didn't want blue but when I went and saw it in person I loved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nice looking truck man. Do you have a front view? What grille/grille insert is that?

Picked up some examples for Vinyl colors to color match.

Scottie, did you ever get a code for which color most closely matched it? I Ordered a few examples online and its close but not exact... The shop I went to had Oracal 189 and it is just as close as these, may even be closer. Going to stop by again tomorrow to compare all of them. Shop also quoted me $199 to wrap the chrome on the grille and headlight trim.

Can they match metallic colors like deep ocean blue?

Mines deep ocean blue and I was told it can be done with vinyl yep, they can pretty much do anything with vinyl these days

Yellow star is Arlon CWC-330 "Gloss Midnight Blue Metallic"

Red star is AveryDennison SW900-653-M "Gloss Dark Blue Metallic"

20160404 191134

20160404 184823

20160404 190259111

20160404 190259

20160404 190259111

Edited by Cohen
  • Like 1