Adding subwoofer to OEM radio helo

Hey guys, I have read a previous topic on this same subject but my wires are different colors and I just wanted to get this right the first time!

previous thread said left rear speaker wire color was green / green/black. Right rear speaker color was white / white, black. My wiring tend to be different colors and I have googled and search far and wide and cant find any info by myself.

The goal is to install a amp / sub with a line out converter and I was just gonna tap the line out converter into the left and right rear speaker wires if I can get the right ones located.

The two colors that I see twisted together is white/blue,black and a pink,yellow / black,pink

the bulkier group of wires is from the passenger side floor panel

the skinner group of wires is passenger side back floor panel.

I would like to know which is positive and which is negative as well as which wires are for the rear speakers to hook up my L.O.C. to! thanks in advance

post-145825-0-18770800-1436405849_thumb.jpg

just one L7 and a custom box and a 900w amp.. I have that figured out I just need to know which of the wires above are for the rear speakers (+,-) so I can splice the L.O.C. into them.

my truck is a 2015 sierra SLE without the bose sound system

Edited by nkd90

I figured it out! everything is up and running. I was mislead by a post on the previous forum! I thought all the wires ran down one side. When in face the blue / black, blue wire run down the passenger side. And the green / green, black run down the driver side floor panel. I just cut those wires added a extension to connect them and then ran a wire off the extension to my line out converter! Just in case someone else needs help or was mislead!

Also the speaker wires are the only pair twisted together on driver and passenger side!

• Like 1

I figured it out! everything is up and running. I was mislead by a post on the previous forum! I thought all the wires ran down one side. When in face the blue / black, blue wire run down the passenger side. And the green / green, black run down the driver side floor panel. I just cut those wires added a extension to connect them and then ran a wire off the extension to my line out converter! Just in case someone else needs help or was mislead!

Also the speaker wires are the only pair twisted together on driver and passenger side!

you're amazing, a picture of your setup would be great..ive been contemplating the addition of a sub, just dont think i have enough space...(double cab)

you're amazing, a picture of your setup would be great..ive been contemplating the addition of a sub, just dont think i have enough space...(double cab)

I have a L7 12" solo baric for my wakeboard boat and I dont use the back seat hardly so I just lift a seat and throw it there I only like squares never been a fan of circles so I wont be getting a box for under the seat! but yea ill post pics in just a second for ya

ok i see what you did there...that L7 hits hard...and in a ported box? damn..

does the box move at all? i think that'd be my biggest fear having a box like that.

I'd love to see a picture of the wires you spliced into. Contemplating DIYing it myself or having someone do the install.

What components did you use? LOC, Amp, size wires ext.

Edited by tootall87

ok i see what you did there...that L7 hits hard...and in a ported box? damn..

does the box move at all? i think that'd be my biggest fear having a box like that.

box doesnt move at all! And yea this l7 is only got a 900w amp that pushes 450RMS into it and that sub is still stupid loud!

I'd love to see a picture of the wires you spliced into. Contemplating DIYing it myself or having someone do the install.

What components did you use? LOC, Amp, size wires ext.

I bought all components at wal-mart. bought the 1200W scorcsh power cables, scorcsh line out controller.

1) in the pic with the blue,black and white cord twisted together. I cut both wires untwisted them a bit and stripped the wires then got a extenstion wire outta just speaker wire and connected one end and then with the other end of the wire that i untwisted I stripped the wire and twisted it with my speaker wire that I was gonna run to my line out converter and then I twisted those two wires the the remaining end of the extension i made. and heatshrinked it.

you have to go white to white then blue.black to blue black. so your gonna repeat that step 4 times total.

the driver side the wires are green/green black and they are twisted together and your gonna do the same step as above for them. Once done I wired the right/ left side to the line out converter then for the power and negative and remote on the line out converter I just wired them into the power,negative, and remote on my amp. Good news is when truck turns off the amp turns off with it! I was thinking i was gonna have to run the remote wire to the relay box under the steering wheel like people have said but that isnt neccessary!

also you can split into the wires anyway you like thats just the method I had to do since I didnt have the right kind of wire splitter connector that just clamps onto the wire on hand. either way will work!

wiretwo_zpsu5wjlsuv.jpg

wireone_zpss50xwe1i.jpg

picture isnt great but you can see my speaker wire running to the back!

pictures of truck:

IMG_1132_zpseottwczw.jpg

IMG_1524_zpszq6dnwxc.jpg
^light is turned on by univeral remote inside cab instead of switch!

IMG_1534_zpsio5rovbf.jpg
power cord barely visible for amp power

IMG_1535_zpswtp20dnu.jpg
amp/lineout converter 3m tapped to it. those wires are short and kinda hard to make neat since they was so short but you cant see them unless you really look way behind the seat!

does it make any difference in SQ if you have the woofer pointed towards the opposite side passenger door?

no man if its loud its loud! I orginally had it over at the passenger side, I just put it in the middle for the video. And to see it pushing that air. But I think ill keep it in the middle now!