Sun-visor Decals

Has anyone tried peeling off the lawyer-speak decals off the new '15 sun-visors? I've done this on the old truck and my Camaro but the material used on my '15 Sierra 1500 All Terrain looks like it might prove problematic.

Pardon if this has been discussed before. Did a search with no results.

Ive heard they can be a nightmare to take off. I am trying to find a place that will make a custom decal that will fit directly over it with black background and red text SIERRA to match my all terrain red stiching and logos.

Same kind was on my '10 and I didn't pay attention before trying to remove it...horrible idea. It just came apart when I started peeling and left a definite imprint/residue where it did come off. I quit trying after it happened on the first corner I tried to remove.

I've just decided to try and ignore them on my '14.

I have used this company for decals that cover the visor sticker on my 09 and my 14. You need to order the 8.75 x 1.8 size. It says 2007 and up but I ordered them and they fit exact on my 14. I took the visor off and cleaned the area with alcohol before applying the decal. http://www.streamlinedesign.com/visor-graphics/custom-visor-graphics-gm-pair/

I bought a set of cover decals for the Corvette a couple years back. There were various styles available, I picked a carbon fiber weave pattern. There is probably a bowtie available too. I need to measure the truck decals to see if they are the same size. If so you can search the Corvette parts sites to find the decals.

I wouldn't pull It off personally, either cover it or live with it.

Your truck would be recalled if the lawyer speak label fell off due to a adhesive failure from the factory. This has happened on Camaro for 2013 and 2014. There was a Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (MVSS) 208 compliance issue because of this and they were recalled. Just some food for thought.

I did it on my GTO just have to use a heat gun and pick at it and it will come off. For the residue i used Googone and a shop rag and it was gone. I will eventually do it to the truck.

Yep this works

I have used this company for decals that cover the visor sticker on my 09 and my 14. You need to order the 8.75 x 1.8 size. It says 2007 and up but I ordered them and they fit exact on my 14. I took the visor off and cleaned the area with alcohol before applying the decal. http://www.streamlinedesign.com/visor-graphics/custom-visor-graphics-gm-pair/

I just ordered these. If they are not perfect I am coming after you.

I peeled mine off my 15 Silverado. I peeled it off then used a heat gun to get it hot enough to rub residue off. Just take your time and don't get it to hot. I suggest putting heat gun on it for a few seconds, then try and rub residue/glue off, if it doesn't come off heat for another few seconds and try again.

I'm out of town or else I'd take pictures, I will when I get home.

Thanks for the replies folks. I don't think I'll attempt this particular fabric. It looks a little too "fuzzy" to release these types of very thin, very sticky decals. Would like to find a pair of decals with the correct GMC logo or Sierra script, not just plain text.

Alternately a funny faux warning label. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for the replies folks. I don't think I'll attempt this particular fabric. It looks a little too "fuzzy" to release these types of very thin, very sticky decals. Would like to find a pair of decals with the correct GMC logo or Sierra script, not just plain text.

fdb54cf9c56389844c71659984c08ebd.jpg

This would work well. At least I like it.

Sent by a simpleton struggling to operate an iPhone.

Good idea, I like the way mine turned out but i wouldn't do it again. On the second sunvisor I messed it up with the heat gun(doesn't take much). So I had to get another, luckily they are around a hundred dollars for another. Sucked having to get another. What sucked even more was I then had one sunvisor without label and one with label. So I very carefully took the label off the new sunvisor to match. All turned out well and like it, but again I wouldn't do it again

Archived