110V Electrical Outlet Specs

• 2 years later...

My question is, does anyone know where this inverter is actually located. Plan on swapping out and adding a second battery. Would like to know the location so i dont have to go on an easter egg hunt. Id imagine being 150w that its probably buried somewhere in the console or dash cause its so small. 

• 6 months later...

Its 400 watt can run anything that pulls less than 400. Best is anything that pulls 200 or less.400 watt pull will probably pop the fuse. Alternating current is in waves low and highs D.C. current is a constant. No peaks. I'm a truck driver and use a 2000 watt inventor in the truck. Also keep on mind anything that produces heat. Blowdryer heater heat gun pulls a lot . check out the item to see what it pulls.and Will have to run the pickup to keep from running the battery dead. Personally the idea of a 400 watt 110 in the bed is s bad and not very useful idea

• 8 months later...
On 7/28/2015 at 1:08 PM, Texas Sticks said:

Okay. Here's the equation:

P=VI (Power (watts) = Voltage (volts) x Current (amps))

With the numbers provided above, the available current (I, in amps)

should be...

I = 150/12 = 12.5 A

Yes, I am a physics nerd.

Yes a nerd....but most nerds are intelligent, which apparently you are not!

On 7/28/2015 at 1:08 PM, Texas Sticks said:

should be...

I = 150/12 = 12.5 A

Edited by CliffyCan

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2015 at 11:24 PM, Newell33 said:

Yes, I understand the equation and the relationship. What I'd like to see is a 350w inverter. This would allow for about a 3 amp outlet, which would be adequate for that 18v charger that we talked about earlier. Yes, this would be about a 30 amp load at 12 volts. Assuming the inverter is behind the socket in the dash, and the wiring being no longer than 8-10 feet routed (probably less),10 gauge wire could be used. I know copper is expensive, but it would be nice to have something a bit more powerful.

What everyone is neglecting to see here, is that the current out in AC is 1/10th the 12VDC current. So sure, everyone wants to gripe and complain that 1.25A/150W IS TOO SMALL. So double that, you have now effectively quartered or worse the remaining current from the alternator. The battery can handle loads well enough,  but in worse weather, and several starts/stops, it could get dicey. I know my outlet only works with the truck on. Hook an inverter directly to the battery, and you are asking to be stranded in a parking lot somewhere when you forget to turn it off. Car design is all about managing the balance of creature comforts, production costs,  and efficiency,  while minimizing service calls and warranty repairs. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/28/2015 at 1:59 PM, sahls01gmc said:

^^^^^^^^^ 150 watts = 120volts x 1.25amps.

The inverter only puts out 150 watts.

the inverter puts out voltage.   current is the amount of electrons flowing.....the correct way to say this is 150 Watts is the max current allowed before its breaker cuts it off (to protect wiring and other components from melting).     150W?    That's it?   This is quite disappointing.     My new 21 barely allows 130 watts.    I've got a laptop plugged in and the power adapter has a max draw of 130.    The first couple of times I plugged it in the internal breaker tripped it.   A few four letter words were said and it must have heard me because it started working.    At first i had both laptop and printer plugged before know the max draw through this outlet was 150w and it wasn't having it.     I think i'll have to run to HF and buy a power inverter that will allow my printer as well.

• 2 years later...
On 7/28/2015 at 12:08 PM, Texas Sticks said:

should be...

I = 150/12 = 12.5 A

Sorry physics nerd, but the proper calculation is 1.25 amps!