Light bar help and questions

(Canadian member) and winter is coming... Witch means it's dark fast.. So I want to put a light bar on my 2015 gmc sierra all terrain and have decided I want to use the n-fab light bar mount product number G1430LD for reference... I emailed them and I have been told I can fit up to a 30" bar straight or curved. Now for my questions

1. When looking at guys like rigid why are there Cree light bars so much more then say a Cree bar off ebay... Same lights look identical but ebay is a 1/4 the price and some selling throw in small stuff with the bar..

2. What's the difference with straight and curved bars. What's better?

3. Should I worry that when I put a light bar in that when I use it the power draw maybe to much and hurt my battery?

This is how I plan to do mine 10afb3fb3f333b98df0e40b8999168e4.jpg

With a remote like this fb7c2f6ed8d661ca6a78d5cc5f5a6dcc.jpg

Just want to get some advice thoughts and what bars do you guys normally go for?

I am in the exact same boat. Looking a rigid's abysmal pricing forced me to look at alternatives, I mean 6" light bars going for $300+ and then you have some off brands with 50" light bars at that price.

I plan on doing that exact same setup you posted probably around the end of September, debating between a 20" and 30".

Curved vs straight as far as I know is a spread vs distance thing,sort of like combo vs spot (distance) vs flood (spread) beam pattern, as well as a vehicle fitment attribute. Straight seems tad better for distance, curved for a tad better spread.

1. Paying for the name. Some will disagree but at the cheaper option you can buy 3 replacements if they ever need to be... they're all Chinese.

2. Curved will give you a wider beam.

3. No. Doesn't draw enough power. I wouldn't leave it on with the motor off for any extended period of time but you'll be fine.

Love this forum thanks for the fast reply guys and makes sense I just can't justify the amount some people want when you can order the same thing for 1/4 the price... And like stated if it craps out cheap enough for new one is there. Now what about locking nuts or fancy hardware to prevent anyone stealing it what's out there for that stuff...?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

http://www.customtruckpartsinc.com/Putco/LED-Light-Bar-Anti-Theft-Kit/9090-KIT

I stumbled across this the other day. Custom truck has a bunch of places around Alberta, but they seem to carry higher prices than other distributors.

Thing is I have heard of thieves strapping on to guys' light bars with their trucks if for example they have them roof mounted, the result is a pretty mashed up roof afterwards.

Love this forum thanks for the fast reply guys and makes sense I just can't justify the amount some people want when you can order the same thing for 1/4 the price... And like stated if it craps out cheap enough for new one is there. Now what about locking nuts or fancy hardware to prevent anyone stealing it what's out there for that stuff...?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

sorry double post

Archived