Clunk/popping noise after level

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just spoke to the dealership yesterday and they are aware of this on the 2014 to 2018 trucks. They said it is the front track bar and it needs to be retorqued to factory specs. $170

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I was having almost this exact same issue and could not track it down - turns out on of my upper control arm bolts which I thought were tight were actually stuck / giving the false indication that they were tight - I had to loosen and re tighten, finally I am free from that noise. Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

So in 2018 I put 3" Fabtech lift on my 2018 Gmc Sierra Denali with magenride. The kit comes with strut spacers, Uniball upper control arms, and blocks in the rear. The kit cost me about $1,000 so I thought that I wasn't going cheap. However, when I first put the lift on I always noticed a very noticeable pop noise on the passenger side whenever I would go over small abrupt bumps while going straight or turning at low speeds. the noise annoyed me too much so I took it to all types of dealerships and shops and no one could figure it out.

Eventually I got tired of it and invested in a by pass kit that allowed me to put full length coilovers in and completely remove the spacers (because I thought the problem had something to do with it). So I completely removed my factory magneride suspension and installed Fox 3" Fox 2.5 Coilovers in the front and 2.0 Fox shocks in the rear. First thing I noticed was that the sound had now moved from the passenger side to the driver side and it was not as loud, but it was still there. I was livid because I just spent another $2,000 on this fox suspension and I'm still getting the noise. Again I took it to many shops and dealerships and no one could figure it out. The dealerships told me it was the shock so I sent it to FOX and had them look at it a rebuild it, but nothing was wrong.

I also had the shop re grease and replace the bushings on my upper control arms and basically do the whole nine yards to make sure everything was tight and good to go. Still to this day I still hear the same pop pop pop intermittent noise when I go over small bumps or dips or anything sharp. my truck rides great on the high way it's just if I ever try to take in any rough street or off road conditions it is absolutely awful and the truck is popping the entire time. I literally do not know what to do and I do not want to keep putting money into the truck if I don't absolutely know if it will fix the problem. does anyone have any solutions?

• 1 month later...

Just had A RC 3.5” lift installed. Got the same clunking noise immediately. Anyone been able to find a fix without replacing the rack that seems to keep failing for other people? Tracing the noise down, it lead me straight to the center of the electronic  steering rack. Most likely a gear? Or is the steering bound up by the dynamics of the suspension?  My knuckle kit is designed to keep the dynamics of the factory upper control arm adapted with the knuckle. So how could anything be bound up causing noises? I also hear some have removed their lift and gone back to factory with the noise disappearing completely. Just way too surreal for a night and day change like that..