$70,000 sticker

I just looked at a new 2016 GMC Shakeali 2500 with Duramax and Allison on my local dealer's lot. The sticker was just a few dollars shy of $ 70k! At this rate of price increases we will see $ 100k trucks within a few years. I guess they will still offer excessive vibration as standard equipment.

I agree the prices for new trucks is getting ridiculous, but I want to add some real world examples. I have a 2016 1 ton Duramax Denali crew cab srw with a sticker of 66,295 (snow plow prep removed option for sunroof, rear sliding window, and universal home remote) not including the rear entertainment system. Dealership starting offer was 61,295.

Impressions after a few weeks of ownership, this truck has blown me away with everything except the stereo system. No shakes yet even though I replaced the stock 18" rims with my old trucks 20" and MT ATZ P3's. I still have the road noise but the shakes I had on my 2012 are no longer there.

Rosey right? My gripe is a horrible stereo system, it is so hollow. Given the price point I see this as an issue and have heard this from Cadillac and Yukon XL 2016 owners (via search as I don't honestly know these people personally).

The 100k isn't far away.

A Cadilac Escalade platinum ESV already stickers over 100k....for a deluxe Suburban.......

Agreed. I saw a big Escalade (suburban version) at our local dealer for 98k. Things are getting out of hand...

But it is not uncommon to negotiate 15% off the sticker. My last two pickup buys have averaged 18% off the sticker price and even got some goodies thrown in. Like my last buy, the dealer thru in a Line-X bed job, rust proofing, and undercoating for free. It was mid model year and not in one of those "truck month" special events. Sticker prices are massively inflated.

So that would suggest, that negotiating as one should, it would not be out of the realm of reality to get the final price down into the mid to high $50K range. Still a bit extreme, for my taste, but not nearly as insane as $70K

Again I love my 2016 1 ton denali, but it seems GM is ignoring the Bose issue:

JC:7:02:52 PM

GMC - Assistance with my Infotainment system

Connection established.

Welcome to GMC

Connecting.....A live chat agent is now entering the chat.

A:7:03:12 PM

Hello and welcome to GMC Infotainment Customer Support! How may I help you today?

JC:7:04:14 PM

Hi A, I just purchased a 2016 3500HD crew cab Denali and have a few questions about the speaker system. Would you be able to help with this?

A:7:06:56 PM

Congratulations on your new purchase! We don't assist with speakers. To better assist you I am going to transfer you to our Customer Assistance Team who can better answer this question. would you like me to transfer now or do you have any questions regarding the infotainment system-IntelliLink?

JC:7:07:38 PM

No, please transfer me. Thank you.

A:7:08:25 PM

Ok. Please hold one moment while I transfer you. Thank you.

Agent Tyler enters the call

Agent Antonio left the call

T:7:10:50 PM

Thank you for contacting GMC Customer Assistance, My name is Tyler how can I assist you today?

JC:7:11:17 PM

Hi T, I just purchased a 2016 3500HD crew cab Denali and have a few questions about the speaker system. Would you be able to help with this?

T:7:12:09 PM

What kind of questions do you have for the speaker system in the car?

JC:7:12:46 PM

This is 2 parts:I have a Bose 7 speaker syste

JC:7:13:29 PM

The first is what size speakers are in the dash, front doors, and rear doors?

JC:7:15:48 PM

The second is it seems I have no sub, which I believe is supposed to be speaker 7. I just traded in a 2012 with a bose and the sub was in the console.....Is that the same for my 2016?

T:7:17:16 PM

Unfortunately we don't have technical information. I recommend contacting a dealership, they would have more information about the size of the speakers. Please allow me 2 to 3 minutes to see if the sub woofer is included.

JC:7:18:44 PM

No problem on the delay. I want to confirm whether or not it's included. Thank you.

T:7:20:56 PM

Thanks for waiting, I'm sorry but I don't have any information on the Bose Package. I recommend asking the dealership this question also. Sorry for any inconvience.

J:7:21:57 PM

Thank you T, I appreciate your time.

Your truck should have a sub in the console, Jared. Just like the GMT-900.

I did a build and price on a full loaded 2016 Denali HD, Stone Blue, Power Sunroof, Trailering Mirrors, Rear Entertainment, Chrome-Clad 20's (RQA). Sticker was $71,XXX.

Most of the trucks I see on dealer lots are around $66-$67,000 MSRP, but they don't have the Rear Entertainment System.

There's a reason that many dealerships have a bunch of '15s leftover in there lots this late in the year!

In a few years, the only truck anyone will be able to afford is the Work Truck trim level.

Archived