Just installed my BAK Revolver X2

I just finished installing my BAK Revolver X2 on my Silverado today. The install was easy and took about an hour to complete by myself. The cover arrived packaged well. So far, I'm very satisfied.

I had a Bak Flip on my Tundra for 6 years, and it held up well. I just got tired of muscling those panels back and forth. The older I got, the heavier they got. I wanted something that gave me full bed access but was easy to open and close. I also wanted as much security as I could get. I read a lot of posts on here and did some internet searching before settling on this cover.

This cover is very easy to roll back and forth, and it locks every slat securely. A determined miscreant could get it with a large pry bar , but the average person ain't gittin' in.

I'm not sure if it's a new feature or not, but the front of the cover is double weather sealed. There's the rubber seal that goes on the top of the bed, and the lip seal shown in the picture. The seals should lay down flat once we get some warm, sunny days, or I get energetic and attack them with a hairdryer.

Though I haven't had the opportunity to test it, it looks pretty darn waterproof to me.

Sorry for the dirty truck. We've had some foggy and rainy days lately.

post-149122-0-42069100-1449808377_thumb.jpg

post-149122-0-42187200-1449808378_thumb.jpg

post-149122-0-78082000-1449808378_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't had any rain here yet, but that's supposed to change tomorrow. Expecting heavy downpours, so I'll have to let you know.

The corners look pretty tight, and I think that overlapping flap will help keep water out. At least I hope so.

Truck was out in the rain all day. Wasn't a total downpour like they predicted (when have the weather people ever been right?) but still pretty heavy at times.

No leaks at the front but two small leaks at either corner of the tailgate. Maybe enough water to fill a shot glass on each side. The real test will come when I take it through the car wash, but so far, I'm happy. I need it more for security anyway, so a few small leaks don't bother me.

Having owned a BakFlip previously, I've got to say this cover is way easier to use. No more flipping panels which get heavier the older I get. Just unlatch, roll, hook the strap, and go. It also seems way more secure since each individual slat is latched securely to the rail.

Truck was out in the rain all day. Wasn't a total downpour like they predicted (when have the weather people ever been right?) but still pretty heavy at times.

No leaks at the front but two small leaks at either corner of the tailgate. Maybe enough water to fill a shot glass on each side. The real test will come when I take it through the car wash, but so far, I'm happy. I need it more for security anyway, so a few small leaks don't bother me.

Having owned a BakFlip previously, I've got to say this cover is way easier to use. No more flipping panels which get heavier the older I get. Just unlatch, roll, hook the strap, and go. It also seems way more secure since each individual slat is latched securely to the rail.

I've got the revolver X2 also and love it - i have gotten a very little bit of moisture in the back driving in some good sized rainstorms but nothing from the car wash and even in the rainstorm it stayed dry in the front. The only tough part about this cover is paying the price, but even now I think it's worth it...

I'm glad I found this thread. I installed my Revolver X2 last weekend and was curious if I had done the front seal correctly. It seemed a little off to me to just lay there, but mine matches the picture in the original post. Other than that, I love this cover. It's well designed and is extremely low-profile.

They advertise a 400 lb load capacity on the cover. Does is move any under wind load while driving?

It seems really solid up to around 80, which is as fast as I've gone with it up to this point.

I'm glad I found this thread. I installed my Revolver X2 last weekend and was curious if I had done the front seal correctly. It seemed a little off to me to just lay there, but mine matches the picture in the original post. Other than that, I love this cover. It's well designed and is extremely low-profile.

I think the rubber flap is there to keep water from directly impinging on the foam seal and being driven around it. Seems to work well on mine at least. Time will tell though.

I've read that they flap in high speed winds? Is this true? Does it flap like a vinyl tonneau?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I've had mine for awhile it's a good cover just sucks early in the morning when it's cold very hard 2 rool up.

I just installed one 3 days ago and I love it so far. I Ordered the Roll-x for just under $600 and received the Revolver X2. I guess they stopped making the Roll-x.

That's not cool. You stole a X2. I gave 25% more than that for mine today.

Fat fingered, and shot from the hip.

Archived