Katzkin Leather Seats

I am planning on buying Katzkin leather for my seats, but I wanted to get an idea of what install would cost. I work at a dealership and we have a company that installs Katzkin leather on our cars and he quoted me $500-$600 for install. I thought this was a little high to just be installing on the seats and headrests. If you have had Katzkin installed before, or you know what the usual rate is, please let me know.

If you have ever done it, it's a PITA, I helped a guy on his charger and holy hell is all I can say, we chalked it up to the temp was 45 outside. I called around and was quoted 80 per seat or 160 per row but that is a local guy where I live. I finally decided on classic soft trim as a leather installer and the company ill be getting then from, More than likely after the holidays when I get the time. After I get the truck done I'll post some pictures. Classic soft trim quoted me 950 for the covers and install just an idea.

Awesome, thank you. I am getting black leather with perforated black inserts for 820, so I was hoping I could pay 300-350 max for the install.

I have black leather with perforated centers installed in my Silverado. I had mine done at the dealership as part of my deal when I bought my truck. I personally have installed at least 20 Katzkin kits and all kinds of various vehicles in a previous life as an electronics tech and accessory installer. Wish to charge $1,200 on average installed Back in the late 90's. I was very happy to have someone else do the install this time. It is no fun. I can say that katzkin is an excellent product and I even prefer it to factory leather, and thats why i insisted on this as part of the sale over a truck that had factory leather. It's softer and wears better. By the way, if you are interested in seeing with the exact same setup looks like check out My Gallery.

That looks really sharp. Thanks for the pictures! What color is your stitching? I want to do silver/platinum stitching and it looks like that what you have.

Thanks! They did a great job, and being an ex-installer, i was very critical. It turned out flawless.

Stiching is silver. Its an exact match to the armrests on the doors, door inserts and center console top.

Btw, be prepared for some minor wrinkles at first. on the rears especially. Fronts were pretty much perfect upon install. They work themselves out quickly tho. Its just because they are folded in a box and will tighten up.

Hey maybe I should look into katzkin....if GM offers to give me back the premium I paid for the "leather" in my $55,000 all terrain.

As far as I can tell, the only pieces that I'm 100% sure are actual leather (and not necessarily good quality) would be the steering wheel, and the middle bottom sections of the front seats...not even sure the middle of the backs of the seats is leather, other than that it's all sh***y vinyl.

Katzkin is real nice stuff my dad had it in a tundra

dbcooper: do you have heated or cooled seats? I wonder how much it costs to add each of those on eventually.

No heated or cooled seats in my rig. There are definitely good options to add heated seats and it would obviously be better do do that install at the same time as the leather. As far as cooled seats go, im guessing that would be alot more costly, and involved

• 1 year later...

Hi all.  I love these seats.  Is there a way to have someone do the install without it being in their "list", there were only 2.  I know someone that can do this but they're not on the Katzkin website list.

Thanks!

Randall

3 hours ago, Rmiles2314 said:

Hi all.  I love these seats.  Is there a way to have someone do the install without it being in their "list", there were only 2.  I know someone that can do this but they're not on the Katzkin website list.

Thanks!

Randall

I'm actually getting ready to purchase a set for Christmas on Ebay for $550 or so.

Austin Interiors is who I'm looking at if I'm not going to do this install myself.  Requested a quote today and I can let you know their price.

Archived