2016 Silverado Mylink screen issue

• 8 months later...

I have a 2016 Silverado LTZ I have had it since May 17/16 about 4.5 months. It's only happened a few times the screen goes black usually while driving, but the Sirius radio still plays uninterrupted. However my phone disconnects and reconnects after the screen starts up again, not with the MyLink boot screen but right back to the radio screen it was on. Have you gotten a solution for this yet? I am almost due for an oil change so am going to bring this up when I take it in. Also a couple times the screen will turn blue with "service backup camera" on it.

Edited by Sillypup5

• 3 years later...

I am having a problem with my 2016 Silverado's screen blacking out several times over the past 3 weeks. It seems mostly related to having my phone plugged into the charger or even changing to a different podcast or song. It's getting frustrating. I saw a YouTube video where a guy had a similar issue and just removed and replaced the spark plug (not a new one, same one) and he said it fixed it. I've tried different charging cords but the longer this goes on, the less related it seems to charging my phone. Any tips?

On 10/8/2016 at 8:22 PM, Sillypup5 said:

I have a 2016 Silverado LTZ I have had it since May 17/16 about 4.5 months. It's only happened a few times the screen goes black usually while driving, but the Sirius radio still plays uninterrupted. However my phone disconnects and reconnects after the screen starts up again, not with the MyLink boot screen but right back to the radio screen it was on. Have you gotten a solution for this yet? I am almost due for an oil change so am going to bring this up when I take it in. Also a couple times the screen will turn blue with "service backup camera" on it.

Did you ever get this resolved? It sounds just like the issue I'm having 

• 4 months later...

I have been having minor issues with my 2016 Tahoe Infotainment system since I purchased the vehicle new in March of 2016.  I'd planned to use an iPod for music, as I did not want to spend the money for SiriusXM.  When using the iPod I find that when starting the vehicle about one in 6 times the iPod is not recognized by the system.  This appears to happen more so when I haven't driven the vehicle for several days or even a couple of weeks.

An issue I now have is every time I start the vehicle the song shuffle function is turned off and I have to turn it on in settings.  Also the Navigation comes up with north being the up direction on the display, and I have to reset that to heads up.  I'd think these functions should come up the same as the last time the system was powered.

My dealer supposedly checked for software updates the last time it was serviced, but it was no help.

Anyone else had problems like this?  

• 10 months later...

I have a 2016 Silverado and I love my truck!!! One problem I do have with it is the 8" Mylink screen goes blank at random times, it's back at the dealer for the third time. The first time they told me it needed a software update so I paid the $100 and had it done. Worked fine for 4 months and started acting up again so I brought it back. They told me it needed a software update again, needless to say the salesman and I had a heated discussion because that's the same thing I paid for a few months ago. They ended up tell me they would do another update for free. Today, 5 months later it's back at the dealer with the same problem. I hope they fix it this time or replace it!