Roof leak- Cab Lights or Onstar/XM Antenna?

I've developed a small water leak on my headliner up by the sun visor latch (driver's side). My truck has cab lights and the XM antenna.. Anyone else have this issue?

Truck is a 2015 2500hd CC 6.0 with 20,000miles

Edited by fjtort2

• 1 month later...

I've not had that issue yet. Very particular about my truck, does a leak stain the headliner? I wonder if I could be proactive and get replaced before it started leaking? I relly like this truck, and don't want to be looking at a water stain for the next few years if it happens.

I've not had that issue yet. Very particular about my truck, does a leak stain the headliner? I wonder if I could be proactive and get replaced before it started leaking? I relly like this truck, and don't want to be looking at a water stain for the next few years if it happens.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, if it hasn't leaked yet it probably won't. Mine did. Didn't do any damage or staining, just an inconvenience and disappointment. But I'm over it now and loving the truck.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My half ton is two years old and the onstar antenna started leaking. I am careful not to hit it with anything. When it is off warranty it is about $520 in Canada to fix it. They are held on by plastic clips " that just fail sometimes"

Next time I will fix it for $5 with a tube of silicone.

The good news is the water marks came out with some hand cleaning clothes that I get from Acklands.

• 4 years later...
On 2/16/2016 at 1:51 PM, fjtort2 said:

I've developed a small water leak on my headliner up by the sun visor latch (driver's side). My truck has cab lights and the XM antenna.. Anyone else have this issue?

Truck is a 2015 2500hd CC 6.0 with 20,000miles

I too had this issue. Returned the truck and issue was fixed. However, now the top of the cab between windshield and around lights, is showing rust (rot) spots. Now what am I supposed to do.....

• 1 year later...

I know this is old post but there is a TSB out about “ shark fin” leaks. 
I’ve got a ‘15 but didn’t start leaking till last year. Out of warranty so siliconed all lights and fin. Still a leak? Come to find out windshield was leaking filled top around windshield with trim caulk.