Exhaust leak sound while under load

I've had my exhaust system replaced twice and the sound still persist.  I have it back at the dealership and they can't replicate the sound.  I've even provided them the aforementioned TSB and they say that's not it either.  I went on a ride-along with the technician and was unable to reproduce the sound due to the engine not being warm enough - even though I advised it needed to be driven further to get to the sound to be present.  I asked them if they drove it afterwards and they said they drove it "about" 10 miles out and 10 miles back.

I'm considering taking it to another dealership - will my case notes and warranty work be available for them to review?

• 5 weeks later...

Vacuum pump, located at the bottom of the driver’s side of the engine, exhausts air into the crankcase. Sounds like a manifold leak if you can hear it which in my truck seemed to be more prominent when it was cold. I removed mine and replaced it with an electric vacuum pump. So far, I haven’t heard the choo-choo-train in the morning at cold startup nor do I hear any exhaust leak type noises.

• 3 months later...

I had my vacuum pump and steering shaft boot replaced this weekend and I'm happy to report that the noise is finally gone. I don't know which was the culprit or if it was a combination of both but the noise is gone.

• 5 months later...

After having this problem come and go for the past year, (truck currently has 15k miles), I replaced the shaft boot and it's totally gone. Grabbed it on amazon for $22, prime. I know I could have gotten it under warranty at the dealer but for $22 and 30 minutes in my garage i'm totally happy with the results rather than spending half a day at the dealership. I used part # 25815601 as previously mentioned in this thread by others. 

After having this problem come and go for the past year, (truck currently has 15k miles), I replaced the shaft boot and it's totally gone. Grabbed it on amazon for $22, prime. I know I could have gotten it under warranty at the dealer but for $22 and 30 minutes in my garage i'm totally happy with the results rather than spending half a day at the dealership. I used part # 25815601 as previously mentioned in this thread by others. 

What did you use for lubricant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 10:05 PM, mferry22 said:

I had my vacuum pump and steering shaft boot replaced this weekend and I'm happy to report that the noise is finally gone. I don't know which was the culprit or if it was a combination of both but the noise is gone.

What kind of noise were you having? I’m having a weird noise where it’s very prominent going uphill at a low rpm, you can feel it under your feet. Changed the exhaust. Got a new Y cat pipe. Nothing has fixed it yet