Exhaust leak sound while under load

My 2015 sierra 6.2 has what sounds like an exhaust leak when under load or mild acceleration. It sounds like ithe noise is coming from the bottom of the drivers door. The noise increases and decreases with rpm's. Has anyone else had this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine does it as well, my last 2010 6.2 did as well. Not sure if there would be fix for it, I think it is because the cat/exhaust is so close to the floor. In my case I know it isn't the flapper as the 2010 had the same sound and did feature a flap valve.

I was debating on heat wrapping the exhaust around the driver door area, but have yet to try it.

• 1 month later...

I have this same issue with my 2015 5.3L Silverado.

23,000kms

Just noticed it at about 20,000kms.

Anyone else have the issue and bring up with their dealer?

I'm going to dealer in a couple days, should be interesting to see what they say about it if its a common problem.

Have take the truck in twice now and each time they need to install "spacers" which took 3hrs each time........

I hope this isn't a "spacer" issue as well......

• 2 weeks later...

My 2014 makes the same sound. My 07 made it too. My brother in laws shop couldn't find anything wrong with the 07 that would cause that sound. Haven't asked the dealer about the 14. Both trucks had the 5.3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by cpttimerestraint

This is what mine does. 2015 5.3 with 25,000 Km. I had started the "Engine Tick" thread recently. My dealer keeps going to the direct injection fuel pump. replaced the main steel fuel line last week. Noise is worse now.

Has anyone found a fix? I thought i remember reading on here that someone once found loose manifold bolts. retightened and was good.

• 3 months later...