Supercharger for L9H 6.2?

I have been kicking around the idea of putting a supercharger on the truck. From what I have researched there seem to be 4 different brands out there

1. Magnacharger

2. Whipple

3. Edelbrock

4. SLP

I know alot of guys on here use the Magnacharger, but how much real difference will there be between them?..Is it a matter of just pick one, or will i see more gains with a specific brand?? FWIW..I can get the Edelbrock set up quite a bit cheaper than retail, but are they as good as the rest?

Hey Buddy,

They are all quite good with equal gains. The difference comes down to ease of installation and fit and finish. The Edelbrock is bar none the best of the best on fit and finish and performance as well. The Magnacharger is a close second. All comes down to your budget. I can give you great pricing on the units, especially Edelbrock. Just shoot me a PM or give us a call.

Thank You

RDP Store

440-358-5500

We have run Magnachargers on all our DDs (1972 K2 Blazer, 2003 SSS, 2004 Z71 Tahoe, 2008 TBSS, 2013 Z71 Silverado, 2013 Denali XL) and have a Whipple going on our 2015 Chevy SS. You will see similar gains with all of them, so go with what fits your budget best.

We sell all major brand name superchargers, and have tuned many customers with FI vehicles. Happy to answer any further questions.

Jenna. thanks for the reply...I sent you a PM as well... Im looking for the best bang for the buck really....

Regarding exhaust..I know there isnt any gains to be had by going to a cat back system but since i would like some extra sound, I was thinking about the Corsa sport system. Now that has 3" pipe as the intermediate pipe and muffler. The stock, exhaust with the 6.2 is 3.5" , with the extra power from the supercharger would it actually hurt performance going down to the smaller 3" diameter intermediate and muffler??..OR would it just be more beneficial to just leave the stock piping and replace the factory muffler with an aftermarket 3.5" in/out ... With an engine pushing 500+ horsepower is the single 3" adequate....

Edited by ajensen383

• 6 years later...