MyLink starting to act up.

I have a 2016 (2500) with android auto. Mylink has been great with just the occasional restart while driving (screen goes black for a second then everything starts back up as if I turned the car off and on but radio/usb keeps playing, if i'm using android auto music stops till android auto reboots) This happens every 2nd or 3rd time I drive the car and only takes a second so i havent been very concerned. This happens whether my phone and usb memory stick are plugged in or nothing at all is connected, though it seems to happed more when something is connected.

Starting about a week ago when listening to the radio all the buttons disappear. The song title/station stays but the saved radio stations on the bottom and the buttons up top to change to nav/weather/android auto/pandora/etc all disappear. cant remember if time and temperature stay or not.

By pressing the physical home/media/radio buttons and going back to the radio page the icons come back. Its a small glitch but I think its odd that it just started 5 months after buying the truck. If I dont do this the buttons never reappear on their own.

I was wondering if others have had similar problems and how to know if there is any software updates available.

Great info in this linked post ^^^. I get the intermittent "static/hiss" every now and then, especially on AM (what little I actually listen to AM) .

At first, I thought I had a bum speaker. Funny thing was, switched to FM/XM, and it sounded like a totally different speaker... Wierd

Next time I'm in, I'll ask for the re-cal, and see if that helps.

Don't know about the 2016's, but my 2015 MyLink w/Nav will randomly stop playing an album on my iPod and start playing random music elsewhere on my MP3 player. Also, on random occasion the XM satellite radio will drop and never come back until I kill the truck and start it back up.

We were supposed to get updates we could load via USB drive, which was the big get in my book.... then we didn't. For example, my 2015 should have an update to support Apple CarPlay. It doesn't. There was supposed to be an app store for this system. There isn't.

The MyLink system is an embarrassment on GM's face, and whomever is responsible for ruining a great idea should be fired and run out of town.

My issues eas when they deactivated my 2014 they shut down my entire account which shut down the 2016 as well...

Had to re-enroll not impressed. switched vehicles 6 times never an issue then this just silly.

They wonder why I never want their services.

Don't know about the 2016's, but my 2015 MyLink w/Nav will randomly stop playing an album on my iPod and start playing random music elsewhere on my MP3 player. Also, on random occasion the XM satellite radio will drop and never come back until I kill the truck and start it back up.

Never had those problems

We were supposed to get updates we could load via USB drive, which was the big get in my book.... then we didn't. For example, my 2015 should have an update to support Apple CarPlay. It doesn't. There was supposed to be an app store for this system. There isn't.

Huge disappointment that we cant update over USB. Really sucks for anyone that bought a 2015 under the impression they would receive apple carplay or apps.

The MyLink system is an embarrassment on GM's face, and whomever is responsible for ruining a great idea should be fired and run out of town.

As a 2016 owner I got the Android Auto update a month after buying the truck (spring 2016 as promised) While i've experienced a few hiccups with MyLink I have been extremely happy. Voice commands for mylink suck for anything but finding music on you usb stick but otherwise the system is pretty good. Android Auto has room for improvement but navigation with google maps is awesome, google play music is great, and the voice commands are as good as is gets. I think Mylink did a good job incorporating Android Auto as you can switch back and forth from mylink and AA instantly.

Those aren't really the problems I've been having but my truck got its last stereo update in march so I will see if this update applies to my stereo.

Here is a pictures of what happens. It does it whether on radio, USB, or pandora. Its like the buttons are on a timer and auto hide. If i touch the screen they come back. This started right after ending my XM radio subscription (notice the grey'ed out saved stations) Though I wouldn't think this would cause any problems.Q3fMar4.jpgZSw861q.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd update:

I renewed my XM radio subscription (called in and got 5 months for $25) and since then my problems have gone away.

Did you do anything else to fix this?

Im having the same issue and cant figure it out. I refreshed my sirus radio but no go. Maybe its time to go to the dealer.

Archived