2015 Canyon Customer Satisfaction Program Report 27620 Trailer Hitch D

chrismthoman

Question

Hi all,

I called into GMC corporate service today to ask about my warranty, recalls, and service bulletins. Originally the call was to receive a info regarding a "squeak" coming from under the front driver side of the truck. See my post about transmission planetary issues.

However, the call did prove very informative. The representative educated me that a Customer Satisfaction Program report was made.

First, I guess the this program is something different than a recall or a TSB. But that is pretty much all I gathered. Anyone else with more information would be doing us all a favor by divulging below.

But he reported that Customer Satisfaction Program issue # 27620 was placed about a month ago (July 2016). It is regarding an assembly error. Certain VINs were reportedly assembled with the 3500lbs tow max trailer hitch and not the 7000lbs rated hitch. Obviously a HUGE issue. Something I am honestly surprised has not become a recall. The rep on the phone said the recall had to be made due to substantial safety issues. I could see one of us out there towing a 5000lbs trailer and getting surprised and potentially hurt if our truck was assembled incorrectly.

I do not know of a fix yet or how the dealership will handle the news. At this point they think I am chasing a "lemon." Which is terrible of them.

Maybe I am just a simple guy that paid a lot of money for a truck and expect to get my moneys worth. Call me crazy.

4 answers to this question

Figured as much. Cant see how it wouldn't be classified as a non-safety issue. But I thought in order to be a recall it had to effect a certain number of vehicles or percentage of produced and sold vehicles.

Thanks!

I took my Canyon in for the hitch recall, a mechanic looked under it for four seconds reading the same info i found indicating the correct hitch. They then took my vehicle and asked me to wait a half hour and they would have it washed and vacuumed. End of recall , happy customer leaving.

Archived