Ignition Switched Add A Circuit - Drivers side panel

tmkilburn

• 7 months later...

Once you figure out how to hold the panel cover with the fuse labels, you can find RAP written next to one of those.

Took me few minutes to figure out the right way to look at the sticker lol

Related: can someone post a link to a add a fuse that works with these fuses? I got the mini A type from walmart and they wouldnt fit.

The bigger fuses have 3 tabs which i never seen before. Need it to wire dash cam.

FYI if you change the position of the 50 amp fuse you will change your 12 volt power outlets from always on to only on with ignition.

I used a fuse tap like this to hard wire my radar detector.l_1210h-outlined.jpg

You're right. Reading most fuse box labels crosses the eyes. When you all said there was a male wire connector, I was thinking something else. Those micro2 add-a-circuits are great.

Bought a 3 pack on eBay for $8.75 and they each came with a 15amp fuse. Search micro2 add-a-circuit fuse tap 3 pack. Seller was formulaoneracer001 from Greenfield, Indiana. Hope that helps if that's the style you're looking for. There are two ports in the black body. Bottom is for the fuse spot you just used. Top is for your added accessory.

post-142734-0-94933600-1495253221_thumb.png

Instead of going in the fuse panel on the side of the dash use the one above the parking brake pedal. In the X61A connector there are a bunch of switched and constant power taps. Search these forums for some pics of the taps. There is even a member who will make you a harness with the factory plug and a bunch of pigtails all labeled, fused, etc.

Archived