What Makes The Z60 Suspension So Stiff?

I have a 2014 Double Cab 2wd with the Z60 suspension. I bought it used and the previous must have sold the factory 20s on the truck and the dealer put a set of factory 18's on the truck. It rides fine going down a smooth road. If there is a bump or a transition in the road it seems to be awfully stiff.

I have been reading the Bilstein shock thread and have read about 20 pages or so of it. I may put a set of Bilsteins all around if that will make it where it does not jar the dash everytime there is a bump in the road.

I understand the Z60 suspension is pretty stiff. What is it about the suspension that makes it so stiff? Is it the anti-roll bars, the springs or those black shocks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went with Bilsteins and don't regret it one bit. he ride is firm, but not jarring over every painted mark in the road. It is almost like the fancy tech fronts go bad in a short amount of time and take out other things like my 200 mile Michelin LTXMS2 tires. A brand new set of tires and both fronts go bad and can't be road force balanced. The tire shop was nice and replaced them, but the Bilsteins went on the same week. If you just want stock, go with the 4600 series.

- Front Shock Absorber 24-238281 Bilstein 2qty
- Rear Shock Absorber 24-238298 Bilstein 2qty

Archived