Hey all,

I have a 71 c20 RWD and I took it out to play in the snow today. Just being dumb and screwing around. Anyway, I was doing some donuts on the snow and got all the way to the highest gear but was only going about 20 mph. It stalled on me and shut off and now it won't start. I thought it may be the gas cuz the gas gauge doesn't work so I put in maybe a half gallon to a gallon but still won't start. Any ideas? It has a brand new ignition coil as of a few weeks ago but has never had an issue starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Either the carb isnt getting any gas or the carb isn't letting gas through.  Assuming you still have spark.  Running it low on gas could have loosened some crap in the tank and plugged something.  Tap on the carb with a hammer or wrench to see if you can free it up.  I would also add more than half a gallon, maybe a few would work.  Lots of reasons for a no start, you might just have to start troubleshooting.  

Last couple of posters were responding to an old post which I'm sure the OP has resolved by now, but still it does bring up the question of doing extended donuts in a slick parking lot. Centrifugal force people! In a carbed vehicle maybe fuel starvation, what you say? I have FI so no problem! Well let's think about a wet sump oil system for a moment, I for one wouldn't want to take the gamble that my oil pick-up was supplying sufficient oil under high G loads especially at a fairly high engine rpm. There is a reason that race cars run a dry sump oil system on high banked tracks, even the newer high performance Corvettes have a dry sump oil system. 

Archived