Oil Sensor Behind timing chain

I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3. The truck is used and has a little over 100,000 miles. Im the second owner of the truck and shortly after leaving the dealership the check engine light came on. After scanning the truck the only code shown was a P06DA oil circuit low. The Dealer where I bought the truck replaced the oil sending unit located on the back of the engine, however this did not fix the issue. They did some research and discovered an oil sensor behind the timing chain had gone bad. Im just wondering if anyone has any incite to this issue or has experienced it before.

• 11 months later...
I recently purchased a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3. The truck is used and has a little over 100,000 miles. Im the second owner of the truck and shortly after leaving the dealership the check engine light came on. After scanning the truck the only code shown was a P06DA oil circuit low. The Dealer where I bought the truck replaced the oil sending unit located on the back of the engine, however this did not fix the issue. They did some research and discovered an oil sensor behind the timing chain had gone bad. Im just wondering if anyone has any incite to this issue or has experienced it before.
Did you ever get this resolved? Did they have to replace just the selenoid or the oil pump also?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just so ypu know It's not a sensor. It's a pressure control solenoid. Changes the oil system from high to low pressure. I have the parts waiting at the dealer to pick them up. The solenoid is either getting suck or it's failing.

The solenoid part number is #12659935

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's a pretty big job replacing that solenoid. Just did one. Oil pan, front diff, steering gear, ac comp, vac pump, water pump housing, balancer and front cover all have to come off or in some cases be unbolted and moved aside. Really need a hoist or be young and energetic. Took about 10 hrs.

35 minutes ago, tbarn said:

It's a pretty big job replacing that solenoid. Just did one. Oil pan, front diff, steering gear, ac comp, vac pump, water pump housing, balancer and front cover all have to come off or in some cases be unbolted and moved aside. Really need a hoist or be young and energetic. Took about 10 hrs.

Question. Is it adjustable? 

The sad part is that the solenoid could be replaced from the bottom but for the retaining clip. Comes out forward behind the front cover.

The engine oil pressure control solenoid valve is used to control engine oil pressure inside the mechanical engine oil pump.The control module controls the commanded state of the solenoid valve based on the following inputs:

• Engine Speed
  • Calculated Engine Oil Temperature
  • Engine Oil Pressure
  • Engine Run Time

When the solenoid valve is commanded Off, oil pressure is higher.When the solenoid valve is commanded On, oil pressure is lower

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, tbarn said:

The engine oil pressure control solenoid valve is used to control engine oil pressure inside the mechanical engine oil pump.The control module controls the commanded state of the solenoid valve based on the following inputs:

• Engine Speed
  • Calculated Engine Oil Temperature
  • Engine Oil Pressure
  • Engine Run Time

When the solenoid valve is commanded Off, oil pressure is higher. When the solenoid valve is commanded On, oil pressure is lower

Sorry to be a bother but you seem to have better command of this system than usual. If I may then as I do not. 

Old SBC dumped oil on a bypass circuit within the pump. Before filtration. Before distribution. As I read this the new strategy it to place the pressure relief at the end of the circuit? Is that correct? 

Archived