Front drivers side speaker crackle

BenZie

As title states, I have noticed for a while the front drivers side speaker up on the dashboard in my '16 Denali half ton crackles quite a bit. I usually listen to music that doesn't have much bass but every so often I change it up and the crackling drives me insane. I have made an appointment to bring it in but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! Mine just started doing that also in the last week or so, '16 CC with BOSE . At first i thought it was the song playing, but was happening to frequently. I would not describe it as a crackle, but almost like a note in the song! But, yes it only happens with tunes with a lot of bass. I have a appt for Wed this week for vibration issues also.... maybe the truck vibrated my speaker loose :fume: ..

It is about how you use them, not how many times the tires roll.

Well when I buy a $60,000 truck I think I should be able to put the volume on full blast without worry of a crackling speaker. And no, I have never blasted my radio. I've noticed this since day one.

Well when I buy a $60,000 truck I think I should be able to put the volume on full blast without worry of a crackling speaker. And no, I have never blasted my radio. I've noticed this since day one.

Cost of the truck means nothing on quality of the parts. Once you get out of warranty there are some really good speakers out there that will blow your old ones away.

I've had Bose in a few vehicles over the years and I'm not really impressed with the sound quality. I currently have a Bose system in my truck but it pales in comparison to my factory ELS in my TL.

Just get a new speaker and blast away until your warranty runs out and then upgrade. One expects more from a $60K vehicle but what does $60K get you these days?

I think mine have a slight crackle also but I generally replace them with some good aftermarket speakers anyways, so it doesn't really bother me that much. It's not too bad right now but when it gets to that point, I'll replace them.

Archived