Cargo Light Shutoff Bypass

I have this exact question as well. I used to be able to use my cargo lights on my 01 while driving and be able to check and see if my dirt bike or other gear was still held down tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Came across this post while searching for the same thing... haven't tried it yet though.

03-12-2015, 06:22 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

As far as the cargo light I've found a way to make it work in gear on my 15 chevy on the right hand fuse box there's a cargo light fuse if you supply power to it the cargo light will come on in any gear I'm working on the drls I've tested and tried every thing I haven't gave up yet??
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As I stated in another thread on this same subject...

CA Vehicle Code 24616(c) states:

"A rear-facing auxiliary lamp may be activated only when the vehicle is stopped.  A vehicle equipped with a rear-facing auxiliary lamp shall also be equipped with a system that allows activation of the lamp only when the vehicle is in the “park” setting, if the vehicle is equipped with an automatic transmission, or in the “neutral” setting with the parking brake engaged, if the vehicle is equipped with a manual transmission."

OTHER STATES MAY HAVE SIMILAR LAWS!!!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1767721077_20200201_1416191.thumb.jpg.798a13f074bebadb5e62a91c017b06fc.jpgTHIS IS THE RELAY THAT CONTROLS THE CARGO LIGHTS ON MY 2015 GMC SIERRA SLE , IM GUESSING ALL MODELS ARE SIMILAR . I JUST NEED TO CUT THE WIRE THAT COMES FROM THE COMPUTER AND FIND ONE THAT RUNS POWER TO THE  CARGO LIGHT SWITCH (BROWN WIRE /WHITE STRIPE) IS PIN #7 ON THE BACK OF SWITCH.

ALSO THIS CIRCUIT BOARD IS BEHIND THE FUSE BOX ON THE RIGHT SIDE(PASSENGER DOOR) , BROW/WHITE WIRE IS THE ONE THE CUTS POWER TO RELAY.

Edited by Erickf

• 2 years later...