Took the Fox 2.0 plunge

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setup looks great, how is it riding one month in?

Rides great. There wasn't much of a break in because I had the coilovers installed on my 2010 Silverado for 10k miles.

Just need to get good shocks for the back now. And possibly airbags we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Here's a couple shots of my set up, I'm running the Fox 2.0's, cognito uca's and 3"maxtrac spindles. I did this set up to alleviate the angles that are associated with leveling kits, side note i had the uca's and fox's for a year and half it was a great improvement from oem, but the new setup is even better. The new setup gave me 4in of total lift and have decent gap between the uca and droop stop. I would say this is a great set up for those that have 2wd. E5344632-34BB-4DD5-A531-F2BD8B7BA66A_zpsDSC_0193_zpsdzsc5kus.jpgDSC_0195_zpsdl8bqd8k.jpg

Can anyone tell me if there is too much pre-load on these 2.0s? Just got these delivered today. I'm counting 40 threads below the collar and everyone else I've seen only has 15-25 at max. I want to adjust before I put on my truck next weekend.

85cce5a50cdb00d5e66f5f39690c4e4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if there is too much pre-load on these 2.0s? Just got these delivered today. I'm counting 40 threads below the collar and everyone else I've seen only has 15-25 at max. I want to adjust before I put on my truck next weekend.

What part number are these? The ones i have didnt have as many threads showing as yours do when i first installed them, you can see below. But on a side note mine where the older part number meant for the steel uca's, i know since then they have changed the part number, had something to with the fact that people with Aluminum or Stamped uca's were not achieving the advertised height out of the box.CADB33BB-01BD-4F74-A442-093169B61776_zps

What part number are these? The ones i have didnt have as many threads showing as yours do when i first installed them, you can see below. But on a side note mine where the older part number meant for the steel uca's, i know since then they have changed the part number, had something to with the fact that people with Aluminum or Stamped uca's were not achieving the advertised height out of the box.CADB33BB-01BD-4F74-A442-093169B61776_zps

985-02-018

Pretty sure there's only one part number for them now. How much lift did you net with the coilovers set there?

I have stamped steel arms.

Hmm since when are cognito arms blue?

When you take them a part, drop them off at the local powder coater. Request to have them coated in Bengal Silver and a top coat of Prismatic Powders Hd Teal. That would be how.

985-02-018

Pretty sure there's only one part number for them now. How much lift did you net with the coilovers set there?

I have stamped steel arms.

I used the P/N: 983-02-086, which is meant for the MY 07-15 with cast steel suspension. When i initially installed them my front fenders measured about 40in then they settled about an 1in to 39in.

10.8" from just above Fox logo to top of pre-load ring where spring sits - from Fox

072e9fb741129e0fadbc1aaccacde9c3.jpg

• 1 month later...

T

I used the P/N: 983-02-086, which is meant for the MY 07-15 with cast steel suspension. When i initially installed them my front fenders measured about 40in then they settled about an 1in to 39in.

983-02-086 is now discontinued and no longer made by FOX. Just clearing up any confusion :)

• 2 months later...

is anyone seeing 2in of lift on a crew cab or 2 inches after settling?  I was thinking about putting the motofab .5in block under the shock. 

I'm about to pull the trigger and want to do cognito UCA.  Is anyone cutting away the service perch on their truck for these?  Just was taking a look at the instruction manual

its about 8 weeks till my new wheels come in  20x10 -24.  I think the stock 17 will rub. 

Any thoughts would be a great help!

I just got off the phone with fox and the dude I spoke with told me that the shocks are not made to be adjusted after buying them for the preload is already set.  adjusting it more for more lift could cause the spring to bind.  As well as for heavier trucks like mine V8 Crew cab that I would only see 1.5 inches of lift out of the box.  I asked about putting a .5 in spacer under to get that full 2 without adjusting the shock but he didnt seem to keen on it.

Archived