Can this be removed?

Waymon

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can be removed and as for the left over glue, you take duct tape ''Gorilla'' works real good and dab the the left over glue with the sticky side.

Ce collant peut être facilement enlevé, ''Gorilla'' duct tape marche très bien pour la colle résiduelle.

:crackup:

I decided many years ago that this particular sticker is a permanent fixture and not part of the initial packaging! I just leave it alone.

Yep. If you can remove it, you'll always be able to see where it was.

I removed mine not long after getting my truck. It's kind of a b*tch honestly. I used a heat gun, to very lightly heat it up and pull them off. Then used some abhesive removed to get glue off. Then by hand washed it to get the abhesive smell off. Then let the dry.

I'll try and find pictures of them removed or just take some

I removed mine not long after getting my truck. It's kind of a b*tch honestly. I used a heat gun, to very lightly heat it up and pull them off. Then used some abhesive removed to get glue off. Then by hand washed it to get the abhesive smell off. Then let the dry.

I'll try and find pictures of them removed or just take some

Man! You guys make me feel so much better! I just thought I was anal

Man! You guys make me feel so much better! I just thought I was anal

Yeah I don't know why it bothered me. On a side not just got to be extremely careful with heat gun. That fabric on the visors will melt away with too much heat. I did that on one of mine, luckily a replacement wasn't insane, I think $75 dollars. Then I had to try again so it would match the one that was complete.

The key is take your time. I removed them also of course

Yeah I don't know why it bothered me. On a side not just got to be extremely careful with heat gun. That fabric on the visors will melt away with too much heat. I did that on one of mine, luckily a replacement wasn't insane, I think $75 dollars. Then I had to try again so it would match the one that was complete.

The key is take your time. I removed them also of course

Oddly enough (I am anal!) those don't bother me, BUT now after reading this thread, they MIGHT! lol BTW, I hated the gold bowtie on front and replaced with billet black powder coated and debadged/removed the BILLBOARD sized bowtie on the tailgate and even order a little "carbon-fiber" look decal for the gold steering wheel bowtie. I guess I just don;t look up at the visor much unless I'm getting in truck and removing the sunshield. We'll see!

These drive me up a wall, such an eyesore on an expensive machine. These are already in the manual, why do we need a reminder every f*****n day. We read the manual, we know, same with the passenger mirror ''Objects are closer than they appear'' duh!!! Luckily the french sticker is in the side window and nothing a razor blade can't remove but the english part is f****n etched in the glass. Imagine buying a $5000 sofa for your house and it had a big f****n yellow sticker '' this couch is void of warranty if your dog jumps on it or if you remove this sticker''.

Oddly enough (I am anal!) those don't bother me, BUT now after reading this thread, they MIGHT! lol BTW, I hated the gold bowtie on front and replaced with billet black powder coated and debadged/removed the BILLBOARD sized bowtie on the tailgate and even order a little "carbon-fiber" look decal for the gold steering wheel bowtie. I guess I just don;t look up at the visor much unless I'm getting in truck and removing the sunshield. We'll see!

Yeah that's one reason I don't get on here much these days. I'd wind up spending as much as I did on the truck just getting upgrades like I did to my last truck.

It can be removed and as for the left over glue, you take duct tape ''Gorilla'' works real good and dab the the left over glue with the sticky side.

Ce collant peut être facilement enlevé, ''Gorilla'' duct tape marche très bien pour la colle résiduelle.

lmao!

• 1 month later...

I don't think this method has been brought up, but I used an iron in the steam setting and just ironed over the sticker until it started to roll off. It worked pretty well. My visors aren't perfect. There is still a little bit of glue left, but much better in my opinion. This method seemed very easy.

20170211_224319.jpg

These drive me up a wall, such an eyesore on an expensive machine. These are already in the manual, why do we need a reminder every f*****n day. We read the manual, we know, same with the passenger mirror ''Objects are closer than they appear'' duh!!! Luckily the french sticker is in the side window and nothing a razor blade can't remove but the english part is f****n etched in the glass. Imagine buying a $5000 sofa for your house and it had a big f****n yellow sticker '' this couch is void of warranty if your dog jumps on it or if you remove this sticker''.

I'd venture to say 80-90% of people who purchase new vehicles don't even look at the manual until something goes wrong, then (if they look at it) they probably skip right to the information that they are looking for and nothing else. It probably sits in their glovebox untouched until they resell it to show the purchaser that it still has a manual, lol.

Archived