6.2L rumors and Final Order Date for Sierra 1500 Crew cab?

Just got this from a dealer today.

"There is talk of GM not offering 6.2 engines in nothing but the Denali for future models."

Anyone hear similar news or is this just unfounded chatter?

He also said, "What you are going to notice is less and less 6.2 liters available due to constraints. I wouldn't wait too long if the 6.2 is what you are after."

Not sure about this line either. If there were such constraints, not doubting that possibility for CA vehicles, why would that mean it would be available in only a Denali. That is contradicting info to me. Or perhaps it's just two separate possibilities of how things could come true.

Those statements were prompted when I asked what the Final Order Date is for the Sierra 1500 Crew Cab. Which I did not get an answer to my question.

Anyone know the Final Order Date for the Sierra Crew Cab as stated by GM?

Trying to scare you into buying now?

Ryan B.

In part I agree. While I find how he stated things illogical, I can also speculate there being some truth. As in truth in changes, but not necessarily with what he said. If you make the 6.2 in a Denali only, then the Max Trailering Package will only be available in the 5.3l. So if that happens either the 5.3l is either getting a boast in power with the Max Trailering or GM is pushing people to tow with 2500 and up. Dealers and their rumors.

So does GM wait until the day before to announce the final order date? Geesh, post it already!

Constraints are due to CAFE. DJ is wanting to kill off CAFE and let the free market rule what people buy. If that happens, it is 6.2L trucks for anyone that wants one.

Right, while the current administration seems to be on a mission to take us back to a galaxy far, far away a long time ago, that would ease some pressure on manufacturers to meet the next 25 years of standards set for trucks.

However, that is federal and where I live now has a higher set of standards and it will only get higher, as it will in a dozen other states following the higher than federal requirements.

Also, manufacturers know they need to look beyond 4 years of a president and see that this world is changing and vehicles will have to change with it. Sooner or later is the only question. With all of that said, getting rid of the 6.2l only make sense to me if they are coming out with a more powerful 5.3 or smaller, like Ford. The 6.2l only in a Denali sounds goofy, but ya never know.

P.S. I didn't know Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (DJ) dislikes CAFE?

I gotta go buy some bubble wrap and put this 6.2 in storage! No dang telling what this "Rare Bird" will be worth a few years down the road...............

I gotta go buy some bubble wrap and put this 6.2 in storage! No dang telling what this "Rare Bird" will be worth a few years down the road...............

Oh yeah. I'm buying 5, just to tuck them away.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I'm buying 5, just to tuck them away.

Its funny now, but in 20-30 years you may wish you did..

If only I had $300K for a lot of 5 and a place to store them, I surely would not be waiting for GM rebates to go up just for me to buy one. :nonod: So I can finally :driving: off the lot.

Archived