How do I remove crew cab rear seats and carpet?

I am going to install dynamat and pad in the rear floor and rear wall of my 16 crew cab this weekend. Anyone care to give me some helpful advice or pointers on removing rear seats and pulling up carpet and pad?

The seats look like bolts then lift up? For carpet where do you start? Does door and rear pillar trim just pop off? I have the power rear window. Not sure if that complicates things.

Anything worry about the rear air bags when pulling pillar trim? Disconnet battery needed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am going to install dynamat and pad in the rear floor and rear wall of my 16 crew cab this weekend. Anyone care to give me some helpful advice or pointers on removing rear seats and pulling up carpet and pad?

The seats look like bolts then lift up? For carpet where do you start? Does door and rear pillar trim just pop off? I have the power rear window. Not sure if that complicates things.

Anything worry about the rear air bags when pulling pillar trim? Disconnet battery needed?

Besides the 4 bolts for each seat, the seats are bolted together with 2 10mm bolts. They can seem from the passenger and bolts to the driver side.

e9d7720b3c4d71e00b8a045257f57840.jpg

5d841fc877eb69fef0eadfd270a12206.jpg

Not sure on airbags or trim... but I've taken these seats out several times now. Be sure that the metal clip on the back of the seat gets properly inserted when you reinstall the seats.

5ddea6f1ebce4d16d782a37eb420012d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Besides the 4 bolts for each seat, the seats are bolted together with 2 10mm bolts. They can seem from the passenger and bolts to the driver side.

e9d7720b3c4d71e00b8a045257f57840.jpg

5d841fc877eb69fef0eadfd270a12206.jpg

Not sure on airbags or trim... but I've taken these seats out several times now. Be sure that the metal clip on the back of the seat gets properly inserted when you reinstall the seats.

5ddea6f1ebce4d16d782a37eb420012d.jpg

Thanks for the tips. Is yours the crew cab?

• Like 1

Do you have to un bolt seat belts?

Nope. I do remove the center seat belt buckle since my kicker sub shares the same bolt. 9ea232ab4e539dae87ec4e0e8f6b68ba.jpg

man, I told you need CLD, then foam and MLV, the best spot to start is your roof, doing only the rear is minimal dampening at best, I mean you took the time to take it apart might as well do it right.

I have done this handful of times, I get better and better, the roof is damn near paper thin, it really is where most the noise comes from.

• 6 months later...

Sent @pgamboa a PM because I am still not entirely clear on seat removal process. I took off the four bolts pictured at the top of this post and was not able to get the seat to budge. Didn't want to break anything.

• Like 1

Sent [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] a PM because I am still not entirely clear on seat removal process. I took off the four bolts pictured at the top of this post and was not able to get the seat to budge. Didn't want to break anything.

Tilts up from the back, then pulls out towards the back.

Edit - rear seats. There are two smaller bolts that bolt the two seats together. Look behind the center seat belt buckle.

• Like 1

Tilts up from the back, then pulls out towards the back.

Edit - rear seats. There are two smaller bolts that bolt the two seats together. Look behind the center seat belt buckle.

There is also 2 small like 10mm bolts that go between the two seat sections themselves that are kind of hidden right above the big bolts to the floor

• Like 2

There is also 2 small like 10mm bolts that go between the two seat sections themselves that are kind of hidden right above the big bolts to the floor

Looks like you beat me to the details.....

• Like 2