King coil over problem

The shock is going into coil bind due to it being preloaded too much. Take some out of it, which i see you already did...
FYI_ With the 3.0" shocks, you don't have to do much preloading at all, unless you have longer control arms. I had the same issue and Brett King himself said the biggest problem with these shocks is people adjusting them up too much, then it Pogo sticks... FYI- 3" Kings are a completely different animal, and the ride is 10X the ride of the 2.5"

• Like 1

DSCF3007.thumb.JPG.37919c94e2c090f4693d34128dc9b8f9.JPG

This set up has 9" of wheel travel. That's 4.5" of shock travel on stock arms. 1" more wheel travel than factory. They came supplied with 750# springs which for my ride was no preload and yet 3" of lift and near the top, so no rebound. The right spring will have your truck sitting on the ground at 1/2 of the shock travel. I went to 600# springs and am still a touch high at zero preload which sans the Bell -2" spindles netted neutral lift. On stock spindles this would have provided 2" of lift with the shock at mid travel. I run 150 psi N2 and the ride is quite nice. Lesson. Don't assume the factory supplied springs are the correct spring for you truck There is a large weight difference between the lightest and heaviest versions of the K2. Don't assume the factory shim packs are the final solution either. You paid for an adjustable set up. Use it. IMHO of course. 

Yeah depends on the set up and the ride you want. Mine has the 700# springs and it feels pretty soft overall. Has loosened up some since new for me. I would probably run 800# springs if I had to do it again. (standard 6'6" bed, crew 4x). 

Also in hindsight I would have got the adjustable comp/rebound versions. I would want to play with them more for my tastes. the 3" would be nice but for $1k more over the already not cheap price of the 2.5's seems like a lot.

To the OP (2 years ago) 14 coils showing is a problem, no wonder.