King coil over problem

I just finished putting camburg ucas and king 2.5 coilovers up front on my 2015. When I pulled out of the drive way it sounded and felt like something was loose so I went back in and checked everything and it seemed fine. So I go to drive again and the noise is still there but I say **** it and start driving, but when I'm driving it is absolutely the worst ride if ever taken. The front end was jumping up and down like I had on oval tires. I'm not sure why this is happening but any insight would be help full since I have an alignment appointment in 2 hrs

I've got 14 threads showing on the coils and when I adjusted them I spun the coil nut 14 times which should have yielded me just under 3" of lift according to the Adjustment instructions that King sent with them. 5turns=1" of lift

I can upload a picture because it says the file is too big, but I'm 2wd so no cv angles for me.

Honestly I think the problem is that I didn't know that if you don't adjust them at all they will give you 2" of lift and I cranked down the coil nut to give me what I thought would be 3" of lift but in reality I got 5" of lift....

If anyone can comment on how much lift the kings will give you if you don't adjust the coil nuts

I can upload a picture because it says the file is too big, but I'm 2wd so no cv angles for me.

Honestly I think the problem is that I didn't know that if you don't adjust them at all they will give you 2" of lift and I cranked down the coil nut to give me what I thought would be 3" of lift but in reality I got 5" of lift....

If anyone can comment on how much lift the kings will give you if you don't adjust the coil nuts

They normally say 2 inches from factory, but should be closer to 1.5 inches.

Great that you have aftermarket UCAs but I'd definitely lower it to 2.5-3" lift at max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They normally say 2 inches from factory, but should be closer to 1.5 inches.

Great that you have aftermarket UCAs but I'd definitely lower it to 2.5-3" lift at max

Yeah I just wish somewhere on the paper work about adjusting it wouldn't have told me that info. Now I've got to take the day off work tomorrow and redo the coils. Yay!

Did you mess around with the preload on the coilovers? Sometimes that can cause the issue that you have. Also check your UCA and make sure they aren't hitting any part of the body on the truck? Last thing is you can always try and just use the stock UCA to determine if it is just the UCA or the Coils causing the issue

Did you mess around with the preload on the coilovers? Sometimes that can cause the issue that you have. Also check your UCA and make sure they aren't hitting any part of the body on the truck? Last thing is you can always try and just use the stock UCA to determine if it is just the UCA or the Coils causing the issue

I determined it's the coilovers at this point, when I just the truck up I only have 1/4"-1/2" of down travel.

if you have windows machine. .you can downsize the pixels in paint.... ..i have to do that with my pics...

Adding to much preload to get "lift" out of the coilovers will cause the explained characteristics-

The instructions should have listed what King recommends being their Max adjustment measurement. Also, when going past the max will void a lot of shock mfg. warranties.

A picture of the exposed threads would help a lot

• Like 1

Adding to much preload to get "lift" out of the coilovers will cause the explained characteristics-

The instructions should have listed what King recommends being their Max adjustment measurement. Also, when going past the max will void a lot of shock mfg. warranties.

They do give the recommended max total adjustment, but it is predicated on you knowing what the adjustment level is as shipped so you can add on top of that.

48e3394c484707a9bad5424b357350a9.jpg

3007d2d246c9b24df095a4cf994929ce.jpg

The issue I had was I didn't know that they come out of the box with 2" of lift. Once I found that out I was able to properly adjust the coils.

The attached picture shows how far down I had the coil nut the first time I adjusted. I ended up backing off to only showing 5 threads

post-145022-0-25065900-1496783804_thumb.jpg

The issue I had was I didn't know that they come out of the box with 2" of lift. Once I found that out I was able to properly adjust the coils.

The attached picture shows how far down I had the coil nut the first time I adjusted. I ended up backing off to only showing 5 threads

So you took it down around 2 inches or so doing that?