Front end noise

Just thought I'd run this by you guys since my dealer says they can't pinpoint the noise. It only happens when I'm driving very slowly as in parking backing up or just in general turning the wheel slowly. I've had the steering rack replaced twice already under warranty and that was making a different noise so I don't think it's that this time. I have 275 60 20s tires and I have a 2 inch level that I've been told is not causing the noise. 44k and no other mods. I don't know trucks anything like you guys do but to me it sounds like the upper control arms or maybe the bushings but when I jack it up in the front the tires don't shake or I can't move them or budge them in any direction they're all tight any ideas?

Edited by AT/GMC

Apparently it's not letting me upload the video it says I don't have permission to upload the type of video I'm trying to put on there which is the noise that the front ends making I'll have to try and work on it later

I do not see where you list your truck model and mileage?? Regardless as a first step I would simply jack up each front wheel one at a time and turn the wheel by hand to check for brake noise and any bearing play or roughness. It is really hard to get a dealership or shop to take the time to do a noise check unless it is squealing and the wheel is falling off thye typically hear nutin LOL. Those guys run wide open and overlook most small things. Up to you to GITERDUN

May be worth having a friend or family member outside the truck trying to listen while you are backing up/turning the wheel. Sometimes it's hard to diagnose the issue yourself and helps having an extra set of eyes/ears. This was the case when I had a "sound" issue. Had someone crawl under the truck while I was revving the engine and found the issue. Or have them in the truck while you do the listening.

check sway bar links , mine would pop only when backing out of my driveway turning the wheel to the left i tighter the the bolts a couple of turns and noise is gone

I have exact same scenario? Only once in awhile sounds like front left suspension clunk/thud? I will check and report back, thanks Mook!

May be worth having a friend or family member outside the truck trying to listen while you are backing up/turning the wheel. Sometimes it's hard to diagnose the issue yourself and helps having an extra set of eyes/ears. This was the case when I had a "sound" issue. Had someone crawl under the truck while I was revving the engine and found the issue. Or have them in the truck while you do the listening.

I did that and have it on video but no matter what I do, The system will not let me post it. Ill keep trying. When you shake the truck up and down by grabbing it under the fender on the drivers side, it sounds like a see-saw sound. Sounds like from the top control arm or maybe the shock? Although ive never heard shocks make noise before. Yes, their the original Ranchos.

I did that and have it on video but no matter what I do, The system will not let me post it. Ill keep trying. When you shake the truck up and down by grabbing it under the fender on the drivers side, it sounds like a see-saw sound. Sounds like from the top control arm or maybe the shock? Although ive never heard shocks make noise before. Yes, their the original Ranchos.

Does it sound anything like the video I posted?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is making a single metallic clank/pop sound from the drivers side front sometimes. Normally when I have the wheels turned to the right and I am moving slowly through a dip in the road. Like at intersections or backing to my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine is making a single metallic clank/pop sound from the drivers side front sometimes. Normally when I have the wheels turned to the right and I am moving slowly through a dip in the road. Like at intersections or backing to my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to have the front Cross member TIGHTENED.......GM DOCUMENT #4645801

• Like 1