May need cheaper Ride

JEFFBTRUCKER

Jeff,

Sorry to hear you're in a pickle. I can appreciate your situation as I get near retirement and consider all that can happen. At just over 60, I could retire, since my wife and I are fortunate to have done very well. But, it seems like I spend a lot and worry that I'll have to change my ways a bit to retire now. So, I keep working. Best regards.

Edited by spurshot

Jeff,

Sorry to hear you're in a pickle. I can appreciate your situation as I get near retirement and consider all that can happen. At just over 60, I could retire, since my wife and I are fortunate to have done very well. But, it seems like I spend a lot and worry that I'll have to change my ways a bit to retire now. So, I keep working. Best regards.

I worried about 2 seconds when I retired at 58. Most of my older family members have savings they don't touch and manage pretty good on SS with homes that are paid for. I always lived close to the Dave Ramsey's model, and tell my kids time is the one thing you can't control. Retire and enjoy life, it's too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jeff,

If the lifestyle change is not doable I guess I get it. Our goal was to march to our drum, not a jobs. Keep spending , keep working. :happysad:

I worried about 2 seconds when I retired at 58. Most of my older family members have savings they don't touch and manage pretty good on SS with homes that are paid for. I always lived close to the Dave Ramsey's model, and tell my kids time is the one thing you can't control. Retire and enjoy life, it's too short.

I don't know what Dave's model is. Common sense to me.

Our lives are no longer being run by a clock and a jobs BS is nice. :happysad:

Edited by diyer2

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you could get yourself into a slightly used GMT900? I love my '17 but my '07 was a solid truck.

That being said, those Impala's aren't bad cars for what they are. I really like the newer bodystyle, though I've never been in one.

If the lifestyle change is not doable I guess I get it. Our goal was to march to our drum, not a jobs. Keep spending , keep working. :happysad:

I don't know what Dave's model is. Common sense to me.

Our lives are no longer being run by a clock and a jobs BS is nice. :happysad:

I understand both of you. I've had jobs that I didn't care for. But enjoy my current job. It's interesting, I help other coworkers and our airline customers daily. Very gratifying. It's not physical, so I can continue to do it for a long time and it pays very well. I did many things I wanted to do when I was young. Now, I'm in my earning years and even have a rewarding job. I'm very fortunate. And, to me, I feel more financial resources are more freedom to do things I want to do. My curse is: I want, I want, I want. It really sucks sometimes.

My wife is the same age as I and is burnt out of her engineering job and wants to retire soon. I think she's earned it. She has put in long hours at work for decades. But her patience with work has run thin. Our combined or individual finances are both in great shape and I know she's a modest spender.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Update still around working and surviving COVID hope everyone is doing ok. Not long after first post 2017 sold 2014  Z71 for more than owed and bought best priced used  2016 Ford Fusion. Underpowered but handles like a Go Kart and great MPG bad thing sits low to the ground hard to get in and out . Really miss having a truck , been saving  and checking prices on  GMC Canyon  , Sierra and Silverado W/T  ,LS  reg cabs are scarce.   

• Like 1

• 1 year later...