Getting a green truck

Hey everyone, I am looking at finnaly getting a new truck in what will hopefully be the next few months or so and in looking for what I would get I unfortunatly realised that they don't seem to sell sierras in green anymore(either 1500, 2500 or 3500 which I'm still choosing between but that's another thing)

So what I was wondering is if it is possible to have one custom ordered with green paint(which they still offer for the canyon fleet vehicles it seems), and if it makes any difference it may be a Denali

Thanks

Noel

Hey everyone, I am looking at finnaly getting a new truck in what will hopefully be the next few months or so and in looking for what I would get I unfortunatly realised that they don't seem to sell sierras in green anymore(either 1500, 2500 or 3500 which I'm still choosing between but that's another thing)

So what I was wondering is if it is possible to have one custom ordered with green paint(which they still offer for the canyon fleet vehicles it seems), and if it makes any difference it may be a Denali

Thanks

Noel

Chances are slim to none that you can order a Fleet color without being a fleet account. Also some colors will not be allowed on a Denali because of the lack of coordinated trim. Fleet colors often force items like black bumpers and cheaper wheels which would clash with Denali.

Also the fleet green is likely to be non-metallic and would look bad on a Denali.

Chances are slim to none that you can order a Fleet color without being a fleet account. Also some colors will not be allowed on a Denali because of the lack of coordinated trim. Fleet colors often force items like black bumpers and cheaper wheels which would clash with Denali.

Also the fleet green is likely to be non-metallic and would look bad on a Denali.

when I did find it I'm pretty sure it was mettalic, and untill like a year or 2 ago it was an option on sierras and until very recebtly, regular canyons

Emerald Green Metallic was offered mid year 2014-2015 on Sierras. It was dropped in 2016. Chevy had the same color but it had a different name during that time period. I got mine in June 2014 and love the color. It is one reason I wouldn't consider buying a new truck because the color is unavailable.

dealers don't know shit.

If a dealer doesn't know the answer (to anything) they will make something up. Why this is the preferred approach rather than finding the correct answer is one of the great mysteries of life. It is also why they are always making things up.

I read once that the reason for color change are because the colors are low production (compared to the rest). They buy paint in huge volumes long ahead of production so it can be manufactured. If the color is less popular they let it run out and then cancel. The article stated it had to exceed 10% of total production or it lost GM money. My neighbor has a 2015 Green Silverado and he looked for a long time (months) to find one he wanted. Dealers had maybe 1 or 2 on the lot. The local dealer had to trade for in a CC he wanted.

I too own a 2015 Rainforest Green Metallic Silverado. When I bought mine brand new the dealer said it was only the 2nd one they'd sold here in central Iowa. Even today, 2 years later I've only seen a handful of them. Beautiful color and hard to find, hence the reason I haven't traded up. I too wonder if they'll ever bring back the green.

Archived