Gmc 1500 6.2 won't start sometimes

at 11,000 miles yes. I got GM to replace my battery on my 13 impala with 30,000 miles on it when the battery died 2 years later. Batteries suck now a days. But then again there are a lot more components on the vehicle sucking the life out of the battery too. Alternators are no longer chargers, but rather battery maintainers.

Well my truck wouldn't start again and roadside assistance couldn't jump it...towed to my dealer....I'll let you know what they say (and I go to a pretty straight up dealership).

stay tuned, if you are interested.

Well my truck wouldn't start again and roadside assistance couldn't jump it...towed to my dealer....I'll let you know what they say (and I go to a pretty straight up dealership).

Def watching

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On my 2017, it has taken me a bit to get used to starts with the DI motors. From what GM states, they need about 30% longer to start then Non-DI motors. That may be part of your frustration.

OP, sparks are bad, buddy. If you are unsure what is going on, I would recommend taking it somewhere. Take a second to make sure everything is tight, you should be able to move any wires.

markreed, follow up, replaced 7 of the spark plugs with aftermarket. That darn passenger side one is going to have to wait for another day :) But the difference is amazing. Starts perfectly on cold mornings now. Thanks for the push on what to do. BTW, only 30K on OEM plugs. They looked terrible after removing them. All kinds of gap differences between them. Glad I did this.

On October 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM, dagwood2001 said:

Well, here you go....after 3 days at the shop.....I got the call my truck was ready, come on in.  So I did.  Went to the service manager and asked him what the story was.  and was told there is a "chip in the key" that was somehow breeched.  The malfunction with the key caused the vehicle's security system to prevent the truck from starting.  Went on to say I could have used my other set of keys.  Told him basically "well that would have been nice" if someone who knew what the hell they were talking about had suggested that?

I then went to ask him if the key was malfunctioning, why was my truck successfully jumpstarted twice?  I mean think about that. He simply shrugged and said "I was lucky I guess".  I am becoming more and more convinced that as these vehicles become more computer than truck, many of the dealers and mechanics simply can't keep up with it all.  I love this dealership, it's 2 miles from my house and they are incredibly accommodating and I've gotten some great deals there, but I'm starting to think when this lease is up, it might be time to at least consider looking at a Ram or a Ford after 3 Silverados.  Yes I know they have their problems too.....

Oh, and of course, as I was walking out the door he was quick to remind me to "please fill out the customer satisfaction survey" I'd be getting that I was "completely satisfied" with the "service I had received".  Um, no, I don't think that's going to happen......

Archived