LED bulbs for Tail/Brake lights Recommendations?

I know there are many of you out there that have converted  bulbs to LED for you tail lights. I just can’t seem to locate any threads with brands and results.  I’m looking for a boost in the tail/brake light brightness, probably do the backup lights too. 

I know there are many of you out there that have converted  bulbs to LED for you tail lights. I just can’t seem to locate any threads with brans and results.  I’m looking for a boost in the tail/brake light brightness, probably do the backup lights too. 

I am also looking at upgrading just the bulbs in the taillights along with the third brake light, cargo light, and license plate lights. and would love to find a set that doesn’t involve adding a resistor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also looking at upgrading just the bulbs in the taillights along with the third brake light, cargo light, and license plate lights. and would love to find a set that doesn’t involve adding a resistor.

When you say just the bulbs in the tail lights are you talking about the reverse lights or the brake/ turn signal bulbs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

When you say just the bulbs in the tail lights are you talking about the reverse lights or the brake/ turn signal bulbs?

Well I guess there’d be no point in doing anything with the brake lights. So I should’ve been more specific and said reverse lights!

Well I guess there’d be no point in doing anything with the brake lights. So I should’ve been more specific and said reverse lights!

Reverse lights, cargo lights, and license plate lights don't require resistors.

1 hour ago, chrispassas21 said:

1 hour ago, '16_Silverado_dude said:

Reverse lights, cargo lights, and license plate lights don't require resistors.

I specifically want brighter LED brake and tail lights. 

I have some Philips LEDS that I got on the forums here that I have yet to install.  I just got my load resistors in the mail today.  They are reflected back into the housing to utilize the reflector in the lamp.  

I'm looking at replacing my reverse and cargo lights out with white LEDs, and my brake lights with red LEDs.  Are there any LEDs out there that do not need a load resistor? 
I have not come across LEDs that don't require resistors. If you don't want to add any don't you'll just have hyper flash.

We have gone full LED on Project Sierra using Sylvania ZEVO LED bulbs. Of course, they need resistors. With four turn signals up front and four brake/turn bulbs in the back, that's EIGHT resistors we had to install. It was a PITA but has worked flawlessly since and looks SAF. 

Front Turn Signals

2016-04-18 10.34.35-1.jpg

2016-04-18 14.07.31.jpg

2016-04-18 14.31.32-1.jpg

2016-04-18 14.07.05-1.jpg

Tail Lights

2016-03-09 10.20.35.jpg

2016-03-09 10.36.20.jpg

18 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

I have some Philips LEDS that I got on the forums here that I have yet to install.  I just got my load resistors in the mail today.  They are reflected back into the housing to utilize the reflector in the lamp.  

Keep us informed as to how they work out!

29 minutes ago, OldBlue61 said:

Keep us informed as to how they work out!

I just got them installed about 30 mins ago. You can definitely see the instant on/off and so far they look a little brighter. I’ll find out for sure later tonight when it gets dark. 

Archived