Level lift VS 3.5" RC lift

Hey guys, 

Has anyone gone from being level to the 3.5" Rough Country lift kit? Pics?

I did find the below pic while looking on the net.

It came level when I bought it from the dealership and I was able to fit  305/55/20 Nitto G2s. 

I also installed some iBoard running boards last month and I'm ready to go higher. 

Pro's and Con's from being level and going to the 3.5 RC lift? 

I've been doing a bit of research and so far it sounds like there are no complaints on it, as long as you get the one with the upper control arms which I plan on doing anyway. 

Thanks guys. 

MeasurementChart_zpsc53ae0db.jpg

I’ve wondered the same thing. I’ve had a few local shops tell me that there is no notice in height difference in the 3.5” or 4.5” lifts compared to a level. They said to get a “noticeable” difference, you at least need a 6” lift. Idk if I buy that though. My truck is leveled (2.25” readylift) with 285/75r18 on stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have a RC 3.5” lift with UCAs. I got the lift last Black Friday for $400. It was easy to install. Did it by myself in my driveway using no neumatic tools. I think it is the perfect hight for me and makes my truck look great. I have a neighbor that is a mechanic. He took a look at my angles and said they seem fine. 

Having said that. I like to take my truck off road every now and then. The desert pinstriping down both sides are my witness. While the lift seems fine around town.......it seems rough/ lacking off road. I do however have 3 ply KO2s. So maybe that makes it rough...?

Anyways. Not to highjack.....but Did anyone with this lift swap out stock shocks for a better off road ride? I emailed both king and fox and they claim they don’t have any coilovers that I can use to swap out the front spacers and keep ride hight at 3.5”. 

Im now looking at 4” lifts, but I also don’t want to cut my truck up to much. 

Archived