Anything I should know before I get an estimate for these damages?

Will there be much attempt to repair this or will most of it get replaced? How is aftermarket vs OEM if the other guys insurance won't pay for OEM? Sorry, my first major accident, I have no clue what I'm doing! I was sideswiped by a UPS trailer truck on the highway.

c277a73c4a28f513482d4cb602c6a4bb.jpg8cc526453ac18767a1d660c32a24b1ba.jpg30d8e8945cd8e6040d8f245dd12571fa.jpg1950b6d40c50fdef232bc3864c52ff73.jpgb32a0ac34be3992d8f34d3dada69767b.jpgce16b2d2356211ed8bed1d2929394f21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend has a 2014 SLE and got T-Boned to the bed .. not disabling damage but something similar to the damage you have. The quarter panel was replaced on his truck.

Even though this sucks! You are lucky you got hit by a reputable company that actually has a good insurance provider!

Will there be much attempt to repair this or will most of it get replaced? How is aftermarket vs OEM if the other guys insurance won't pay for OEM? Sorry, my first major accident, I have no clue what I'm doing! I was sideswiped by a UPS trailer truck on the highway.

c277a73c4a28f513482d4cb602c6a4bb.jpg8cc526453ac18767a1d660c32a24b1ba.jpg30d8e8945cd8e6040d8f245dd12571fa.jpg1950b6d40c50fdef232bc3864c52ff73.jpgb32a0ac34be3992d8f34d3dada69767b.jpgce16b2d2356211ed8bed1d2929394f21.jpg

When you go to get it appraised for damage, let them know you only want GM parts, the other guys insurance won’t pay for GM parts, they have no choice and can work it out with their insurance not yourselves. Only accept GM parts when getting your truck fixed, I also would look into who will pay for your deductible, it should be UPS. Hope this helps and be safe.

My friend has a 2014 SLE and got T-Boned to the bed .. not disabling damage but something similar to the damage you have. The quarter panel was replaced on his truck.

Even though this sucks! You are lucky you got hit by a reputable company that actually has a good insurance provider!

Thank you for the info! And yeah at least i have that going for me haha

When you go to get it appraised for damage, let them know you only want GM parts, the other guys insurance won’t pay for GM parts, they have no choice and can work it out with their insurance not yourselves. Only accept GM parts when getting your truck fixed, I also would look into who will pay for your deductible, it should be UPS. Hope this helps and be safe.

Thank you... I'm not using my insurance because I don't want my premiums to go up.. His Insurance will cover the deductible, right?

Agreed, insist on GM parts. Also, look into a diminished value claim with their insurance carrier. That truck wasn’t cheap (none are, these days) and lost value will sting when it comes time to sell.

Good luck, I hope you can get it settled to your satisfaction.

M.

Thank you... I'm not using my insurance because I don't want my premiums to go up.. His Insurance will cover the deductible, right?

I would maybe still let your insurance company know you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and will be making a claim using another insurance provider. You aren't at fault and if you have a police report you should be even more all set. It looks better if you talk to your insurance first before UPS insurance gets in contact with them.

I would maybe still let your insurance company know you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and will be making a claim using another insurance provider. You aren't at fault and if you have a police report you should be even more all set. It looks better if you talk to your insurance first before UPS insurance gets in contact with them.

Thanks! I actually did that while i was waiting for the police... Right on the app, Geico makes it really easy hahaha

Thanks! I actually did that while i was waiting for the police... Right on the app, Geico makes it really easy hahaha

Good! Then you should be all set then for sure. People always ask me if they should contact their insurance .. I just look at them with the most interesting look .. like obviously your vehicle is totaled maybe they should know hahah

Hello ya I hear you, but I’m to believe that UPS will need to take care of your expenses and I don’t believe you need to do anything. UPS will have to pay any of your costs.

Yes, don't tell your insurance...

Get estimate at shop you choose. Tell their insurance. You can demand a rental from them as well...they give you lip just say 'my neck hurts'....you could even demand $1500 for 'depreciation' since you lost value in the truck from their fault....

Archived