New bolts after bed liner

I just had the spray in bed liner installed. The truck looks great, my issue is that the bolts that held the old  plastic liner (tailgate panel) is now too long. (looks weird) what did you guys do ? is there a part number for shorter bolts ?

My Line-X dealer had bought over 1000 new Stainless Steel 'screws' for 2014+ GM truck access panels and used these after spraying - just the right length.  I don't know if GM has any. If your spray dealer won't replace your new screws with the correct length, you may need to buy your own - just take one from your access panel when you go shopping so you get the correct type and length.

1 hour ago, 51 stovebolt said:

I just had the spray in bed liner installed. The truck looks great, my issue is that the bolts that held the old  plastic liner (tailgate panel) is now too long. (looks weird) what did you guys do ? is there a part number for shorter bolts ?

Sounds like a discussion you could have with the people that put in your new liner.  It should be part of the process.  

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Donstar said:

Sounds like a discussion you could have with the people that put in your new liner.  It should be part of the process.  

Checked my agreement, no mention of replacing stock bolts or any other. Spray in liner and warranty??

Had the same problem with my Titan when I bought it. Brought one of the stock bolts with me and matched it up to some bolts at Home Depot. A little shot of black spray paint and you'd never know they didn't come on the truck from the factory.

59 minutes ago, 51 stovebolt said:

Checked my agreement, no mention of replacing stock bolts or any other. Spray in liner and warranty??

I am sure they would not be required to replace the screws but strikes me as reasonable thing to do after such a modification.  The company that provided your plastic tailgate liner had to supply longer screws.  Your spray-in requires stock length screws which should have been provided, imo.  I definitely would not expect or accept protruding screw heads after paying for a spray-in liner. 

In my case, I had sold my factory plastic bed liner beforehand, so I knew going in that the bolts from the factory were going to be too long.  So I went up to lowes and got replacements prior to line-x.  just had to go to 2 different lowes to get all matching bolts.  

18 hours ago, Donstar said:

I am sure they would not be required to replace the screws but strikes me as reasonable thing to do after such a modification.  The company that provided your plastic tailgate liner had to supply longer screws.  Your spray-in requires stock length screws which should have been provided, imo.  I definitely would not expect or accept protruding screw heads after paying for a spray-in liner. 

Plastic liner came from dealer, I kind of disagree. People that spray in liners, spray in liners. Don't seem to make much since to carry hundreds of bolts for the many different truck types ?? maybe it's just me. Now if it where the Chevy dealer that dealt with my particular vehicle maybe

Archived