2014 Silverado Starting Problems

Hey wats up guys.  my truck didn't want to start no crake no nothing after a while it fired right up , than took batt to get tested it pass few day later same thing took starter off took it to get tested as well did not pass bought a starter kept the old one put new one in nothing I jumped the truck about 10 min fired up on first try took off new starter put old one back on did the same thing it fired up drove truck to autozone test battery and stater they past but truck won’t start again I sat there about ten mins messing with the batt cables hit the stater acople times move the lever from park to neutral nothing so I keep turning key over about 16 times one after another it fired up got home turn off and on about 4 times fired up so I don’t know what to do any more anyone else out there having same issues or any idea what’s going on with my 2014 Silverado 

Edited by Tbmack

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2018 at 8:14 PM, Tbmack said:

Hey wats up guys.  my truck didn't want to start no crake no nothing after a while it fired right up , than took batt to get tested it pass few day later same thing took starter off took it to get tested as well did not pass bought a starter kept the old one put new one in nothing I jumped the truck about 10 min fired up on first try took off new starter put old one back on did the same thing it fired up drove truck to autozone test battery and stater they past but truck won’t start again I sat there about ten mins messing with the batt cables hit the stater acople times move the lever from park to neutral nothing so I keep turning key over about 16 times one after another it fired up got home turn off and on about 4 times fired up so I don’t know what to do any more anyone else out there having same issues or any idea what’s going on with my 2014 Silverado 

2 hours ago, ttsedah said:

I have the same problem, sounds like starter going out. But after getting it tested it's good, so replaced alternator, battery and map sensor but still have the same problem... 

You need to check you ground cables and make sure they are secure. If you are on your original battery, replace it, they do not last very long.