2" Rough Country 275/70/18 Duratracs 2014 Silverado

Posting should anyone be researching the same set up.  I spent weeks online looking at pics and thought I'd share mine to help anyone else.

• Truck - 2014 Z71 Silverado, stock 18" wheels
  • New gear: 2 inch rough country level on front - 275/70/18 Goodyear Duratracs (Stock 265/65/18) - New tires are 1.6 inches taller and .4 inches wider. 

I wanted to move away from the factory rake and stock tires so it looks like a truck.  No rubbing, drives great around town and highway.  Love the feel and the look.  Gas MPH has taken a slight hit but that is a given right?  Shaved the mustache off (air dam) as well.  Tires hum on the road but it is not loud. Hope this helps anyone else researching....if this belongs in another list...please let me know.

fullsizeoutput_25f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_25fb.jpeg

Looks really nice. I’ve got those damn 20’s that come on the SLT. I’d like a slight offset with 18’s. I have a 2” level and every once in a while, I’ll rub at full lock in reverse with the stock tires. Lifting the front brings the wheels in slightly so a slight offset will get rid of that.

Edited by '17 Sierra

8 hours ago, '17 Sierra said:

Looks really nice. I’ve got those damn 20’s that come on the SLT. I’d like a slight offset with 18’s. I have a 2” level and every once in a while, I’ll rub at full lock in reverse with the stock tires. Lifting the front brings the wheels in slightly so a slight offset will get rid of that.

I thought a level was supposed to increase the space for larger than stock tires!  It does not sound right to me that stock tires should rub .  I would get it checked out as this would be totally unacceptable, imo..   

• Like 1

It does give you more vertical clearance but when you lift the truck using the stock suspension, the control arms drop by rotating down from their pivot point which brings the hub in closer to the frame. When you turn to full lock, the inside wall of the tire can rub the upper control arm. So by adding negative offset to the wheel, you eliminate that from happening. I've noticed it only a couple of times backing up at full lock.

Edited by '17 Sierra

Looks really good.  I have the same color wheel combo.  I am thinking of going with the same tire size but with a 2.5" front 2" rear and 1" wheel spacers.  I am just trying to decide if I want to keep the stock wheels, get some after market, or plasti dip the stock ones.  I was thinking to plasti dip the gap in the center of the spokes black also.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:47 PM, danno75 said:

Posting should anyone be researching the same set up.  I spent weeks online looking at pics and thought I'd share mine to help anyone else.

• Truck - 2014 Z71 Silverado, stock 18" wheels
  • New gear: 2 inch rough country level on front - 275/70/18 Goodyear Duratracs (Stock 265/65/18) - New tires are 1.6 inches taller and .4 inches wider. 

I wanted to move away from the factory rake and stock tires so it looks like a truck.  No rubbing, drives great around town and highway.  Love the feel and the look.  Gas MPH has taken a slight hit but that is a given right?  Shaved the mustache off (air dam) as well.  Tires hum on the road but it is not loud. Hope this helps anyone else researching....if this belongs in another list...please let me know.

fullsizeoutput_25f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_25fb.jpeg

I have been really looking at the BFG KO2s and kinda disregarding the Duratracs but I must say they look really nice on your truck. I may have to give them a look. How do you find them on the highway?

The Duratracs ride great on the highway, slight hum but not loud.  I read a few posts saying they are soft and I can't say I am finding them soft.  I have yet to take them off-road.   However, I'ver never ridden with BFGs to make a compare. 

Looks Good performance Exhaust? 

Thanks, sorry can’t say it’s a performance exhaust. I bought the truck used and prior owner had the tailpipe bling, weathertech flaps and tool box already on. I just added level and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, danno75 said:

Thanks, sorry can’t say it’s a performance exhaust. I bought the truck used and prior owner had the tailpipe bling, weathertech flaps and tool box already on. I just added level and tires.

Nice clean look though ! 

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

I have been really looking at the BFG KO2s and kinda disregarding the Duratracs but I must say they look really nice on your truck. I may have to give them a look. How do you find them on the highway?

The KO2's will be quieter than the Duratracs, not that they're loud or anything. I'm switching to KO2's once my current Duratrac treads are worn enough to warrant a change.