Keyless entry keypad

On 8/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, Naples canyon said:

I bought this at the dealership. Got quoted at $260 just for installation (Naples GMC)

They have had the truck two days now and having issues on my 2019. The "download" from gm isn't working correctly. 

I would avoid this upgrade and this dealership.

I’m from Dubai and ordered this part from USA and my dealer can’t get it fixed! 

Any help will be appreciated 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So mine got replaced,  They left the old one on my car so I took it apart.  It is possible to replace the battery,  however its not easy and you will most likely break it.    Found my battery was still good,  but it died due to water damage.  

Old one was mounted above drivers door handle,   I mounted the new one on the inside of the gas door so its protected from water.  

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Edited by WwRGSwW
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Steve Dancisin said:

Any concerns the fumes from the fuel will harm the keypad.

No problems at all after being there for 2 years.  Looks and works as good as new.

I can’t see the point. I could start my truck and unlock with the phone. Can’t be any easier than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's great when you have cellular coverage or didn't lock your phone in your truck.

I frequently travel through and camp in areas with no coverage and have been locked out in such an area.

Climbed a hill, called OnStar, nope, they can't find my truck.

Luckily my camper was unlocked and I was able to use the old coat hanger trick to unlock a door.

Sent from the demons in my head

Well that's great when you have cellular coverage or didn't lock your phone in your truck.

I frequently travel through and camp in areas with no coverage and have been locked out in such an area.

Climbed a hill, called OnStar, nope, they can't find my truck.

Luckily my camper was unlocked and I was able to use the old coat hanger trick to unlock a door.

Sent from the demons in my head

I figured it be unusual for someone to not have their keys or phone. In my older trucks I kept a key in my wallet. I’m a little OCD. The first thing that would cross my mind if I installed an aftermarket key pad would be a thief thinking my keys were inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk