Keyless entry keypad

On 1/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, XSKIER said:

Absolutely, I mounted mine inside the fuel door. It's a fairly gaudy piece to be stuck on the painted surfaces of the truck. The keypad will not lock only unlock the doors, so if you plan on leaving your keys in the cab you have to use the inside lock button on the door before closing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's kinda crappy, I assumed it would be like the fords where you push the last two buttons to lock.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 8:32 AM, Bhurt said:

That's kinda crappy, I assumed it would be like the fords where you push the last two buttons to lock.  

I ordered one and it arrived yesterday.  I have the programming tools and software and am going to install it tomorrow once i get the VIN-specific file for my truck from GM.  

The instructions say it will lock the doors by pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously.

It has a battery, but it is not replaceable according to the instructions.  You have to replace the entire thing and re-program when the battery dies.

I plan on mounting mine on the inside of the fuel door.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paauto said:

I ordered one and it arrived yesterday.  I have the programming tools and software and am going to install it tomorrow once i get the VIN-specific file for my truck from GM.  

The instructions say it will lock the doors by pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously.

It has a battery, but it is not replaceable according to the instructions.  You have to replace the entire thing and re-program when the battery dies.

I plan on mounting mine on the inside of the fuel door.

Let us know if it works... If it does I will be ordering one for sure.  It would be great at the lake to just lock all the stuff in the truck and not have to worry about carrying my keys with me.

I tried the simultaneous 7/8 and 9/0 button press today, and all locked. As usual, the internet is better than written instructions. My keypad is one year old, and the batteries are still good. Do you think that it will make it past the 3yr/36k warranty?

17 minutes ago, XSKIER said:

I tried the simultaneous 7/8 and 9/0 button press today, and all locked. As usual, the internet is better than written instructions. My keypad is one year old, and the batteries are still good. Do you think that it will make it past the 3yr/36k warranty?

I bet we'll get 5 years on the battery.  

On 4/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, Bhurt said:

Let us know if it works... If it does I will be ordering one for sure.  It would be great at the lake to just lock all the stuff in the truck and not have to worry about carrying my keys with me.

I programmed it today and can confirm it both locks and unlocks the doors.  

There are already a whole bunch of threads on this with pictures of places people mounted them.  Try the Search function.

Edited by sk

22 hours ago, AgDoctor said:

I mounted mine in my fuel door. I will get a pic. It had to be vertical or it won't fit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to mount mine horizontally.  I had to use a couple of pieces of two sided 3M foam tape to "build up" the end farthest from the hinge because the hinge bracket is lifted up.

12 hours ago, paauto said:

I was able to mount mine horizontally.  I had to use a couple of pieces of two sided 3M foam tape to "build up" the end farthest from the hinge because the hinge bracket is lifted up.

Some pictures.  The top view shows the white 3M double sided foam tape that i used to deal with the hinge.

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

How hard is it to program this into the truck?

Not difficult, but you need a license to the GM software (which has to run on a newer PC) and an interface for the OBD.  It will cost several hundred $ to get all of this.  I spent the $ b/c I also wanted to modify my tire pressure thresholds in my DIC and also re-flash my ECU and TCU with the latest w/out having to go to the dealer.  

If all you are interested in is the keyless entry, I'd just have the dealer do it and then mount it where you want.

Not difficult, but you need a license to the GM software (which has to run on a newer PC) and an interface for the OBD.  It will cost several hundred $ to get all of this.  I spent the $ b/c I also wanted to modify my tire pressure thresholds in my DIC and also re-flash my ECU and TCU with the latest w/out having to go to the dealer.  

If all you are interested in is the keyless entry, I'd just have the dealer do it and then mount it where you want.

Gotcha, thanks!

• 1 year later...

I bought this at the dealership. Got quoted at $260 just for installation (Naples GMC)

They have had the truck two days now and having issues on my 2019. The "download" from gm isn't working correctly. 

I would avoid this upgrade and this dealership.