under seat sub box - factory Bose system - 2018 LTZ

Anyone added a JL Audio Stealthbox to their 2014 or newer 1500? Kinda pricey. Looking for some bass for the factory Bose system. I am thinking one  JL 10TW1 in a sealed box under the seat would be good enough. They also make a 10" that replaces the factory Bose sub under the console. I dont get a warm fuzzy about that setup. Will probably upgrade the highs later.   

My 09 Yukon I ran a 600 watt Kenwood to a 12" Kicker sub in a ported box. Really like the bass from that but it will probably be hard to replicate with the limited space in the truck.

What size sub or subs do you run?

• Like 1

I just built a box for under the center console with a JL 8W3 in it. didn't take any pics of it but there are a few threads on the forums with some boxes. I was looking at the one already built from JL but IMO it's too pricey. We looked under the seats when building the box but there was not enough room for it due to the power seats motors/wiring. 

i put my amps on a board on the back wall of the truck. so everything is hidden and it sounds great. Not as much bass as im used to (used to have 2 10's with a jl 1000/1 amp in my car) but due to limited room and not wanting to lose any room in the truck, i went this route. 

Ill try and remember to get some pics of the amps mounted (seats are still out of the truck) tonight.

• Like 1

So here are the amps. Don't mind the mess. It'll be cleaned up before the seats go back in.

I was going with the RD500/1 and the MX500/4 but had to go with the RD400/4 due to the mx series going in over voltage when above 15v, which GM trucks do when starting.

I have the C1 series speakers in the doors and like mentioned, an 8w3 under the center console.

So far I'm happy with it! fdcca83be11ecbe849fe11a74f655b74.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01KD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got one, easy to install

definitely recommend sound deadening the console

only drawback is that things left in console such as pens etc sometimes rattle/buzz 

was as considering the 8 “ sub box on eBay that fits in center console as well

bose sub is a joke

Thanks for all the input. I might start with a 10" under the rear seat. I can purchase a box ( Beat Box - Amazon ) that fits the airspace requirements and will fit under the rear seat. Possibly consider making a box as you did for under the console for a 2nd sub. Makes sense to Dynamat the console to keep things from rattling as you stated.

Thanks

12 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

Nice set up.  Could you help a dummy out and tell me the part number of the JL in console replacement sub, please.  

Thanks!

10 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

Thanks for the info.  Is that powered??

If it's the one i think it is, then no.  (beeing in canada, JL links just redirect me to the main page of the canadian site. Very annoying) 

It is nice to have a drop in box/sub but for the price, i decided to build my own. Sure its not as pretty as the JL one, but noone sees it, so really who cares. If it was visible, then maybe i'd put 100% in making it look nice haha

6 hours ago, dkmoneypit said:

Thanks for all the input. I might start with a 10" under the rear seat. I can purchase a box ( Beat Box - Amazon ) that fits the airspace requirements and will fit under the rear seat. Possibly consider making a box as you did for under the console for a 2nd sub. Makes sense to Dynamat the console to keep things from rattling as you stated.

Thanks

If you don't mind loosing room in the back seat then i'd suggest going with that as well. you'd have more options for sizes and bigger/more powerful subs. I went with under the console since the dog takes up the back seat, as you can see from the dog bed in the pic.

There is also the kicker substage that you can even get at the dealer, or elsewhere, that can go back there. I believe it's all plug and play and the amp goes under the steering wheel somewhere. 
It's listed here along with a few options here for your truck.
https://www.crutchfield.com/g_530/Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes.html?tp=113

Anyone added a JL Audio Stealthbox to their 2014 or newer 1500? Kinda pricey. Looking for some bass for the factory Bose system. I am thinking one  JL 10TW1 in a sealed box under the seat would be good enough. They also make a 10" that replaces the factory Bose sub under the console. I dont get a warm fuzzy about that setup. Will probably upgrade the highs later.   
My 09 Yukon I ran a 600 watt Kenwood to a 12" Kicker sub in a ported box. Really like the bass from that but it will probably be hard to replicate with the limited space in the truck.
What size sub or subs do you run?

I’ll be installing the JL Audio Stealthbox with the Dual 10s. HD750/1 amp and an HD600/4 for the door speakers. LC7i for the LOC.

I am planning on building an inline harness that will intercept the factory radio plug and will feed the speakers from the radio.

I’ve got everything needed for this install, but have not time. LOL. Hoping I can get started next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are the amps. Don't mind the mess. It'll be cleaned up before the seats go back in.

I was going with the RD500/1 and the MX500/4 but had to go with the RD400/4 due to the mx series going in over voltage when above 15v, which GM trucks do when starting.

I have the C1 series speakers in the doors and like mentioned, an 8w3 under the center console.

So far I'm happy with it! fdcca83be11ecbe849fe11a74f655b74.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01KD using Tapatalk

How did you mount the board to the back wall? I want to get all the details and plan this out. I see bolts on each corner but wondering the detail on those.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

I’ll be installing the JL Audio Stealthbox with the Dual 10s. HD750/1 amp and an HD600/4 for the door speakers. LC7i for the LOC.

I am planning on building an inline harness that will intercept the factory radio plug and will feed the speakers from the radio.

I’ve got everything needed for this install, but have not time. LOL. Hoping I can get started next week.

Wish there was a non expensive harness out there. i just spliced the wires behind the screen. Went to the LOC in the back and then back to the front to the speaker wires. Didn't feel like running new speaker wires to the doors so did it this way. And they're nothing crazy so no use really upgrading the speaker wires.

18 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

How did you mount the board to the back wall? I want to get all the details and plan this out. I see bolts on each corner but wondering the detail on those.

Thanks!

Elevator bolts with JB weld!.  Saw it somewhere else on the forum. Just make sure you scuff up the back of them and the back wall. I forgot as i was in a rush and they only stayed on for a few days haha. Just remounted them tuesday and with the cold/warm we've been getting, they're still holding up.

• Like 1

Elevator bolts with JB weld!.  Saw it somewhere else on the forum. Just make sure you scuff up the back of them and the back wall. I forgot as i was in a rush and they only stayed on for a few days haha. Just remounted them tuesday and with the cold/warm we've been getting, they're still holding up.

Excellent! We must have been reading the same posts then because I have elevator bolts on my hardware list. Lol.

If I decide to make/sell this interface harness, I’m thinking it would be something like $50 for it. It would plug in inline and have inputs and outputs (to cover all 4 doors’ speakers). Basically plug it in, and splice your speaker output signal to the LOC. The input from the amps would back to the radio and splice into the speaker outputs in my harness. That’s the plan anyway. I’m no audio guru but from my research and help from others, I think I have a pretty good handle on this install.