P0449 Vent Solenoid issue, again

So, I bought this truck last June. They fixed this code with the kit. Later in the year, 5 months?, it came back. Traced it to solenoid. Ordered Standard products CVS34. Fixed it till today. It came on intermittently when it was real cold, and I cleared it. Today, it came on and right after clearing it comes right back. So, I ordered a replacement, under warranty. 

But, and I wasting my time with standard products? Should I get an AC Delco part? If so, what is the AC Delco number I actually need, just the solenoid, not the relocation kit.

Also, I have new gas cap, and the solenoid on the manifold, Purge Valve? was replaced too.

2008 Silverado 1500 5.3 Flex 2WD 

15 minutes ago, Steve40th396 said:

So, I bought this truck last June. They fixed this code with the kit. Later in the year, 5 months?, it came back. Traced it to solenoid. Ordered Standard products CVS34. Fixed it till today. It came on intermittently when it was real cold, and I cleared it. Today, it came on and right after clearing it comes right back. So, I ordered a replacement, under warranty. 

But, and I wasting my time with standard products? Should I get an AC Delco part? If so, what is the AC Delco number I actually need, just the solenoid, not the relocation kit.

Also, I have new gas cap, and the solenoid on the manifold, Purge Valve? was replaced too.

2008 Silverado 1500 5.3 Flex 2WD 

ive seen a lot of posts on here about using ac delco parts and not aftermarket. I think if your warranty part fixes it again then you have your answer, switch to ac delco next time

Personally I like the Wells if you don't want to go Delco. I have never had a problem with it. - http://amzn.to/2CiwfBO

From the GM catalog this is the delco you need though. I don't know why Amazon says it will not fit your vehicle though. Maybe because it has to be cut in and is not a direct fit? Regardless this is the GM part number. ACDelco 214-2082 GM Original Equipment Vapor Canister Vent Valve Solenoid. 

Here is the Amazon link. http://amzn.to/2CknmaD

I am going to measure the resistance across the plug connections inside the solenoid when new one arrives and compare it to old one. Without cutting one open, that is the only way to measure anything.

I am curious as to how GM doesn't really have this problem on all of there other vehicles. Is it purely location and being exposed to elements that causes issues??

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Steve40th396 said:

I put a new Standard Products in. Works. Resistance across posts was 30K on old, 16k new. Not saying it is correct , but, its something I am going to monitor. The last old one was 28K bad.

sounds like you know what the problem is then

On 2/15/2018 at 11:14 AM, Steve40th396 said:

I am going to measure the resistance across the plug connections inside the solenoid when new one arrives and compare it to old one. Without cutting one open, that is the only way to measure anything.

I am curious as to how GM doesn't really have this problem on all of there other vehicles. Is it purely location and being exposed to elements that causes issues??

I personally think it is just faulty engineering. Instead of making your shutoff valve a push/pull (up and down valve) for trash to get trapped. Why not make it a 45 degree downward open/close valve where the dust/trash would settle at the bottom of the enclosure instead of right on top of your moving prindle? 

Archived