In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
sierra5454

Cylinder #1 Misfire

I have 2012 GMC Sierra 5.3.  Had to have new engine installed under warranty about 1.5 years ago.   2 days ago it started running rough at idle and eventually threw the cylinder 1 misfire code.  I swapped plugs 1-3 and misfire went to cylinder 3 with the plug.  The plug from cylinder 1 was fouled and oil'd up.  After replacing the plug last night.  The rough idle and code has stayed away.  I also cleared all codes with a scan tool.  

My question is... am I looking ahead for something bad.  What would cause all that oil on the plug.   I drove it for about 2 days with the misfire.  The replacement engine only has about 25k on it.  Plug on left is from #3  right was #1.

plugs.jpg

I actually made a video about this! So here you go. In the video it is on Cylinder number 7. But 1 and 7 are the two that foul out.

Here are the parts you need.

Valve cover - http://amzn.to/2C5MIhd

41-110 Spark Plug - http://amzn.to/2E8oD71

Make sure you like and subscribe to my youtube channel while you are at it.

• Like 1

WIll this fix the problem on a 2013 silverado xfe?

5.3L

code 015b

just replaced plugs and wires. Is this something I should do also?