Looking at buying a 2016 Silverado LT Z71 All Star package

Any advice on this purchase... Has 35000 miles... 5.3 and $32000 is as low as I can negotiate.

Any serious issues that I need to be aware of.

I am reading the forums and learning a lot.

I would appreciate any advice from the forum members. Thanks5ed82359b81c1586f72d88a3a7ec2528.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

seems too high.  I just bought a 15 Sierra SLT All Terrain (equivalent to a LTZ Z71) with less miles than that one for closer to 30k from a dealer.  If this is a private sale, you should be able to do a bit better.  Check NADA and KBB for the private party sales value.

It appears to be pretty well optioned.  If you are happy with the price, that's all that matters.  If that's what you want, go for it.  What did NADA say was the private party value in your area?

test drive the heck out of it, make sure no vibrations above 50, 60, 70 MPH.  Make sure the tranny shifts smooothly.  If good on both then it might just might be worth it. 

It appears to be pretty well optioned.  If you are happy with the price, that's all that matters.  If that's what you want, go for it.  What did NADA say was the private party value in your area?
Kbb was 33927...Haven't looked at NADA yet... Also it is a crew cab.

The truck definitely looks well-equipped and well-maintained (from the one picture). It does seem a tad too high. 

I personally wouldn't pay a cent over $30k for a truck with 35k miles from an independent seller. There is a lot of risk you take with this type of purchase. Keep steady and I'm sure the guy will budge. There is a reason that he's getting rid of it and he will be willing to go down a little because selling personally is tough.  

OP, how much more would it be worth to you to get a new one? A nationwide search on Cars.com yielded several similar optioned higher MSRP trucks at list prices under $40K. Leather in an LT does limit those available but I did see a blue one with leather under $40K. You could get one with cloth and have leather installed. Interest rates are often lower on new, so you could have leather put in with the savings difference over the term of a loan, assuming you are borrowing.

Looking at the front plate, is this a small independent dealer? If so, what's the back story on how they got it? A vibrator from auction? You would have a bit of 3/36 warranty left but not much. At that price and if not buying new I'd rather buy a CPO and have extended warranty.

Just my $.02

OP, how much more would it be worth to you to get a new one? A nationwide search on Cars.com yielded several similar optioned higher MSRP trucks at list prices under $40K. Leather in an LT does limit those available but I did see a blue one with leather under $40K. You could get one with cloth and have leather installed. Interest rates are often lower on new, so you could have leather put in with the savings difference over the term of a loan, assuming you are borrowing.

Looking at the front plate, is this a small independent dealer? If so, what's the back story on how they got it? A vibrator from auction? You would have a bit of 3/36 warranty left but not much. At that price and if not buying new I'd rather buy a CPO and have extended warranty.

Just my $.02

This truck belongs to a local guy and he purchased from this dealership H&H.
Maybe I need to look around in the area more. I am in SC about 60 miles south of Charlotte and for a 2016 Crew Cab with 5.3 and leather I just haven't seen one much cheaper.
Interest rate I am getting is 2.9% at a local credit union.
This is a big purchase for me (trying to save around 10000 vs the cost of a new truck) and I will do some additional research this morning before making my final decision.

Thanks again for all of the replies.

This truck belongs to a local guy and he purchased from this dealership H&H.
Maybe I need to look around in the area more. I am in SC about 60 miles south of Charlotte and for a 2016 Crew Cab with 5.3 and leather I just haven't seen one much cheaper.
Interest rate I am getting is 2.9% at a local credit union.
This is a big purchase for me (trying to save around 10000 vs the cost of a new truck) and I will do some additional research this morning before making my final decision.

Thanks again for all of the replies.

If you're not set on color, here's one in Lexington with leather for $35K. My point is, if you look around you may get close to the price you're at for the used one. If you're open to a Sierra and a drive, look at Laura GMC in St Louis.

http://www.rodhatfieldchevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT_Z71-Lexington-KY/3063070803

If you're not set on color, here's one in Lexington with leather for $35K. My point is, if you look around you may get close to the price you're at for the used one. If you're open to a Sierra and a drive, look at Laura GMC in St Louis.

http://www.rodhatfieldchevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT_Z71-Lexington-KY/3063070803
Thanks...I wish that was within a couple hundred miles.

I bought basically that identical truck in 2015 and couldn't be happier with it.

At that age and price, it is in the ballpark for a reasonable price. That's what used trucks are being listed at around Green Bay, WI. (I never bothered negotiating so I don't know how low they actually sell for) Sure, you can hunt down a couple for less than that, but you also have to factor in your time and travel to get to St Louis. 

Now the real question is whether that price is acceptable to you. Like you, I began searching 3 years ago for a lightly used truck thinking I would save some money, but I quickly learned that the used truck market is not in our favor. I ended up buying brand new for something around $5000 more than the used trucks I was seeing on the lot. I suggest you research your "out the door" costs for both this used one and a similar brand new one at your local dealer. Then you can think about the value of the full warranty and having a new truck that wasn't beaten on by someone with a lease.

Archived