Dealer added heated seats?

Hey guys I have a 2017 LT Z71 all star with cloth and non heated seats. Can the dealer add the heated seats? Has anyone had this done? If so, so how much did it cost? 

Id like to to get custom leather installed, but what are leather seats if they aren’t heated? And I don’t want non factory buttons somewhere. Would want the factory ones. 

Any input appreciated. 

Thanks 

pic of my truck:

D767B3A9-816F-4337-8106-01BD7969BDF3.jpeg

I wouldn’t do dealer installed for two reasons first they won’t do the factory buttons as they’lol tell you “they” can’t program them. GM doesn’t allow dealers to add options to trucks anymore just accessories. And if you do some research on here a fair amount of people have said the factory heating elements quit working. Find a local auto upholstery shop or truck accessories shop and inquire. Katzkin leather seems to be the go to brand but there is others. They do offer heated seats both for their leather and factory cloth. Katzkin leather starts out at 550ish for basic black (kits sold on eBay) to 2000+ depending on how crazy you want to get. 

As for the factory switches there is a thread on here somewhere (I can’t find it now) where the guy used the factory switches but built a custom “box” to run them since you can’t reprogram the BCM for them then he used a aftermarket heat element. Also have to buy or modify the radio bezel. I think it was kinda pricey for him as well as time consuming. There’s a guy on here to that does BCM programming I think his name GTPprix maybe? https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/  I looked at his website once he listed what he can do but I don’t recall if these switches were listed. I believe the Katzkin switches can be mounted in the hard plastic on the seats if you want them out of sight.

I just got a 2018 and the dealer installed Katzkin leather seats with heater which cost me 1700.00.  These seats are better than the OEM in my opinion and look exactly like OEM.  The leather is very high quality.  I don't know where you live but if you go to there site they have a way to locate installers.

I have had last 2 GM trucks changed to leather and both added heated seats done at dealer before I took them off the lot. I made it part of the purchase deal but anyway they both have buttons not factory switch. Its not a deal breaker for me. The buttons work fine and there small and you dont even notice them.

One thing to keep in mind... There is a seat heater module located under the passenger seat. This module interfaces with both seats, the factory switch (and I think the BCM - I haven’t had the need to confirm this personally since I have factory heated seats).

So, if this can done like factory.. there will be a significant Amount of work of getting the module, wiring AND programming required.

Most likely not cost effective.

The only reason I’ve got some exposure to this is because I helped a local member who has cloth heated, Retrofit to leather heated/cooled.

I got the cooled to work, but lost heat. We also lost time and haven’t revisited getting heat to work since.

I had Katskin leather seats with heat put in my 2014 SLE short bed when I bought it new! There is a kit you can get from GM Accessories for a heat kit but I have no idea were they put the switch. 

Another option would be to buy the actual GM leather seats of Ebay or through GM parts if you want new leather and have the heated seat kit added. When I did my truck through the dealer it was $1200. But remember that is a reg cab, so just the two seats and the jump seat. The nice thing about Katskin is you can get a little imaginative with colored leather inserts etc. Look at their website to see what I mean. Mine are called "Cuda Combo" . they look almost identical to the seats in a All Terrain with the carbon fiber look on the side bolsters. But you will see they have some very nice ideas on there website. They also sell a heat kit that goes with their seats. Switch is down on the front panel of the seat. See picture of mine.

14sierra3.jpg

IMG_20140504_132006.jpg

Archived