Rear LED turn signals

• 1 month later...

Probably going to play around with this soon. Started a thread tied to everything bulb related.

Did you end up doing anything? Curious as it would be nice to have the thread grow with input from anyone who has played with different bulbs and feedback and such.

• 6 months later...

This might be too late, but yes I just did.

Pros:

- Good light and fast blinking response as all LEDs.

- Used bright white bulbs from Sylvania (6000K) for (Licence plate bulbs/Back up bulbs/Turn signals & break)

Cons:

The one I bought I figured out lately the I need load resistors/equalizers for each bulb to overcome hyper flashing.  Not only installing resistors take time, but I am worries about them getting hot although many people use them on YouTube.  I mount them on the steel surface of the body for better heat dissipation/transfer through metal.

Some bulbs comes with a chip to overcome hyper flash, they mention (no load resistor needed).  I didn't notice that earlier, I found only one in Amazon from (LASFIT) but the color is Amber and it might be good for front blinkers not the rear.

Some cars you can change flasher rely to solve the hyper flashing and burn out bulb error message at the dash.

• 3 weeks later...

just a heads up I used a cheap pair on my 2016 Impala and turned out the LED bulbs were creating  current loop which kept a module (BCM) or something alive which drained the battery ever so slightly until it died over weekends with little use. It was a costly fix since I wasnt sure what was causing my battery to drain, took service department about 6 hrs of labor to figure it out and it was simply the LED bulbs I installed. 

• 2 weeks later...